Wildcat Ridge WMA Conditions

Zack 54

Multiple trees down in one spot on Mjolnir (Lake Telemark side) chainsaw needed.
0EDCCB2A-083A-4EDA-88A2-3938AC8428A3.jpeg

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
The week of December 5 - 10 is likely the busiest week of the year for deer hunters in New Jersey:
• Six-day Firearm Deer Season opens a half-hour before sunrise on Monday, December 5
• Permit Bow Season continues in several zones
• Permit Shotgun and Permit Muzzleloader Seasons are open for antlerless deer only in a few zones

Deer Seasons and Regulations: https://dep.nj.gov/njfw/hunting/deer-season-and-regulations/

2022 - 2023 Hunting Digest: https://dep.nj.gov/wp-content/uploads/njfw/digest-hunting-2022-2023-complete.pdf

Pheasant and Quail Seasons are closed December 5 - 10 and December 14. Pheasant/quail stocking resumes December 13 at regularly stocked Wildlife Management Areas.

Pheasant/Quail Season Information: https://dep.nj.gov/wp-content/uploads/njfw/digest-hunting-2022-2023-segment-54-56.pdf

Photo credit: Craig Lemon

#NewJerseyFishAndWildlife #Hunting #DeerHunting

Ashcor

My understanding is that everything on the west side of Greenpond road is Telemark Trails. Not that people won't be hunting there.
Your understanding is incorrect. Have a quick look at google maps.

Point is, it’s the hunters turn and we should respect that. I believe there is no hunting on sundays but I could be wrong about that, it’s been a while since I read through the regs.

kaitlyn

Your understanding is incorrect. Have a quick look at google maps.

Point is, it’s the hunters turn and we should respect that. I believe there is no hunting on sundays but I could be wrong about that, it’s been a while since I read through the regs.
Take it up with Trailhead
Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.38.35 PM.png

Ashcor

Take it up with Trailhead
View attachment 201466
No need to. He’s talking about the private property and rockaway township property on the telemark side north of snake hill rd.

Everything south of snake hill road, the area the trails you mentiond are in is Wildcat Ridge WMA.

Again, look at a map or look at the state sign at the entrance of “Ore Deal”

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
There is quite a bit of overflow and frozen trail you'll have to walk and the top layer will be slimy by now. I cleared 8 downfall yesterday, I'm sure there is more.

trailhead

JORBA.ORG
Conditions not so good.
Running water on many trails.

Whoever lost a 45nrth glove. It is on the rock at the beginning of righter mine trail, Meriden Road end.

Whoever lost a Pearl Izumi skull cap, it is hanging in a bush at the top of the tower service road.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions not so good.
Running water on many trails.

Whoever lost a 45nrth glove. It is on the rock at the beginning of righter mine trail, Meriden Road end.

Whoever lost a Pearl Izumi skull cap, it is hanging in a bush at the top of the tower service road.
Did you hang a bandana with a bell on a branch a couple of months ago? One of my maniacs lost it.

There's a tree down I wanted to mention... But hell if I can remember where. Oh wait. It's just passed the race track heading towards bat cave parking (before the bridge).

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions