Wildcat Ridge WMA Conditions

Can someone clarify whether Wildcat is open for biking M-Sa or not? It was my understanding that, during hunting season, we only have Sundays, but perhaps I'm mistaken.
You are not mistaken. NJ DEP rules of use for WMA’s specify mountain biking is allowed anytime in April, June-sept. And only on sundays any other time.

i could be wrong about the specific start end dates though.

Tried yesterday "morning" but family didn't let me get out early enough. Was a no-go on skinny tires at 10am. Fat bike may have worked but definitely saw some guys had magic snow earlier in the morning. Probably woulda been perfect early today too. Oh well, i was prepared for Plan B and XC skied up and down the Darlington Drive dirt road a bunch of times and it was fun and a good workout.
20210307_121851.jpg

20210307_124645.jpg

Tried yesterday "morning" but family didn't let me get out early enough. Was a no-go on skinny tires at 10am. Fat bike may have worked but definitely saw some guys had magic snow earlier in the morning. Probably woulda been perfect early today too. Oh well, i was prepared for Plan B and XC skied up and down the Darlington Drive dirt road a bunch of times and it was fun and a good workout.View attachment 153316
View attachment 153317
REI east hanover had one of those Kuat Sherpa racks at the garage sale for $300. Wasn't sure how it was going to hold an XL newer-geo enduro bike though, so didn't get it. Your bike seems to fit on it nicely though.

REI east hanover had one of those Kuat Sherpa racks at the garage sale for $300. Wasn't sure how it was going to hold an XL newer-geo enduro bike though, so didn't get it. Your bike seems to fit on it nicely though.
That bike is not really newer geo but i have had my modern enduro bike on it and it held fine. I was skeptical at first myself bc the back wheel kinda hangs below the platform but it works, because science. $300 is a great price.

I had a 48" wheelbase DH bike on the sherpa with little issue. Amazing rack.

Rode from bat cave orange up, white, red, oreland and the west side of Lake Telemark today. All the snow is gone, the trail is 90% or better dry, there’s a tree down across the bottom of oreland but nothing major.

all in all it was in amazing shape.

Tree down that needs chainsawing on Lake Ames SuperD segment, toward top. I removed all the loose stuff I could by hand.
20210520_152609.jpg

Not conditions related but the ticks here are really prevalent so keep checking yoself.
Also, a fully kitted moto rider was on Beach Glen around 6 last night.

Not conditions related but the ticks here are really prevalent so keep checking yoself.
Also, a fully kitted moto rider was on Beach Glen around 6 last night.
He wound up in my damn yard... I'm going to call the DEP this afternoon.
Tree down that needs chainsawing on Lake Ames SuperD segment, toward top. I removed all the loose stuff I could by hand.
That's not even a speed bump

Just an FYI. Tree is still down on the top of the descent on test bore. Also I rode the bypass to get around the neighborhood and the last two times(starting Evergreen up) I have done so I was startled by dogs roaming the woods there. The one yesterday was not so friendly. It came at me snarling and I jumped off to get the bike between us and he took off.

Just an FYI. Tree is still down on the top of the descent on test bore. Also I rode the bypass to get around the neighborhood and the last two times(starting Evergreen up) I have done so I was startled by dogs roaming the woods there. The one yesterday was not so friendly. It came at me snarling and I jumped off to get the bike between us and he took off.
Ohhh those dogs. They from the people who said mountain bikers attacked their dogs w knives 🤦🏻‍♀️

Ohhh those dogs. They from the people who said mountain bikers attacked their dogs w knives 🤦🏻‍♀️
That's just craziness. And if it's the one I saw yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if someone got bit or the dog got injured trying to bite someone.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions