Wildcat Ridge WMA Conditions

pretty good last night, but the beavers have been busy on old koehler

20240320_181523.jpg

Well that's cool!
Where, though. Down by Meridian road? I want to see beaver power!
Also wondering why the trails behind the school admin building have gone missing on trailforks. Mostly because I use trailforks when I travel, and now I'm also wondering how many local systems and trails I'm missing out on.

Trailforks requires someone to be interested enough to post the trails, so not all of the smaller or less popular areas are on it.

Well that's cool!
Where, though. Down by Meridian road? I want to see beaver power!
Also wondering why the trails behind the school admin building have gone missing on trailforks. Mostly because I use trailforks when I travel, and now I'm also wondering how many local systems and trails I'm missing out on.
The trail managers emailed me a month or two ago to notify me that they were removing several trails from Trailforks since they were (as Jim mentioned) not legal trails.

The beaver dam is here
1711115236862.png

This photo of Trailforks taken 5 minutes ago shows the trail “The way” !?

Yeah, apparently it's in the app but not on the website. I assume it's cached in the app and will maybe disappear someday.

what should happen is the admin would mark the trails as unsanctioned - and hidden.
anyone trying to add them back would get a slap on the mouse.

Who is the land manager?

I went out on friday and tried to open up some of the clogged drains and reroute some of the water running onto the trails.....at some point, I think it would be nice to run thru oreland with a chainsaw.....One big tree, several small ones now.

Wildcat is... WET. lots of greasy mud sections. The rock garden at the bottom of white (Down from hawk watch) is a compete disaster.
It's just been too wet. A lot has gotten blown out. The rock garden 3/4 down New Way is also a mess. Even the flat part of the orange trail leading out of the bat cave lot is significantly more rutted than a few years ago.

I rode old kohler the other night...There is a big tree down at the start of it near the meridan road side right before the start of the climb......that beaver dam is an impressive mess.....completely ruined the trail....I don't think it would take much effort to reroute something lower and around the old trail. I think in general that trail could use a few good reroutes.

Also, there is a bunch of garbage that fell on that short section of yellow near the hawkwatch parking lot that a small chainsaw could make quick work off. And there is a tree down on the orange climb in an annoying spot, near where the old car is off to the right.....I tried moving it, but old man back.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions