Wildcat Ridge JORBA Group Ride - 9/3/11

Mare

This ride is going to be a lot of fun! Norm A. has been doing a lot of work on these trails so this is the perfect chance to see what this less traveled park is all about!

Unfortunately I am not going to make this ride cause I got an invitation to a big family thing. Since we only get together every 3 years or so, typically for a funeral, I don't want to miss it. I would really like a tour of this park in the near future please!!! :)

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm 100% in for the ride .. won't make the bbq however .. i can't believe i haven't ridden wildcat yet

sorry to hear we won't see you there mare :cry:

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode out the back yard yesterday and the trails are in good shape. Very little standing water, still some runoff in places. Most of the downed trees are cleared. I ran into Eddie V (from Martys) and the 2 of us did clear off the smaller stuff. The one down side is that the trails that were prone to runoff took a beating and there are some spots with a lot of loose rocks. Keep in mind WC is a raw place to ride even when the trails are clear - it is fun and techincal.

Big thanks to Norm A and Joe M, Eddie V and the other Martys guys. In fact, ran into Norm complete with his very professional trail clearing gear. I can't say enough how Norm and JORBA have helped this place.

The ride should be good, wich I could make it but I have to check on my barn in the Adks.

HumanVise

I am looking forward to this, and will probably hit Texas Smoke afterwards for some quick BBQ. Sorry you can't make it Mare!

monteverest

I so want to do this park as its been near the top of my list for awhile. If my new tires are mounted today, I'll make the ride.

freeride

i'm a definate maybe for the ride as i hope to get my mtb back tonight

had a cool endo at wr wma when i first got my epic comp and tried this super sized fork

2010-12-22%25252014.04.31.jpg

the gray fox fork looks better with this frame then the white one (100mm) I have on now

rlb

I'm changing my yes to a maybe. I might have used all my legs today, not sure what I have left for tomorrow.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
We spent alot of time on the trails the fast few days and looking forward to the JORBA ride. You can contact me at 9738790820 if you get lost or have any questions.

Mare

If there isn't a huge interest in the potluck BBQ, maybe you folks can all go to the BBQ place after the ride across the street.

Otherwise so far we have the following:

Bleeder - chicken dish
Mike - spicey sausage

Some of you asked what we need - we need everything at this point so the options are wide open.

gtluke

The Moped
I forgot my Camelback at home, no time to get it. Can someone lend me a water bottle or two (with water)?

monteverest

Couldn't mount the newer tires yesterday. Trying this morning but it looks like today is a no can do. Have fun....

Top Bottom