Wildcat in Wildcat

I wonder why hunters don't ride bikes. They would catch so much more deer.

There are laws which dictate how hunters are allowed to hunt. You can't herd deer and usually you have to be in a deer stand.
Also deer sense when hunters are in the woods. I work on a golf course which allows hunting in the woods around the perimeter of the course. During hunting season the deer leave the woods and spend more time on the gc or in residential areas away from the woods.

The time when a deer is most vulnerable to getting shot by a hunter is when he is chasing a doe. Like a true male, survival instincts take a back seat to getting laid.;)

There are laws which dictate how hunters are allowed to hunt. You can't herd deer and usually you have to be in a deer stand.
Also deer sense when hunters are in the woods. I work on a golf course which allows hunting in the woods around the perimeter of the course. During hunting season the deer leave the woods and spend more time on the gc or in residential areas away from the woods.

The time when a deer is most vulnerable to getting shot by a hunter is when he is chasing a doe. Like a true male, survival instincts take a back seat to getting laid.;)
Statement is not true. Hunters regularly drive deer especially hunting clubs. Stands typically are for bow hunters but when the guns come out driving deer herds is one of the most successful ways to bagging deer.

anyone willing to entertain the idea that the cougar in ct was an escapee or intentional release ???

clark's cat-in-the-box was way under appreciated.

deer are out of control in somerset & morris county.
upstate ny, where everyone hunts (season or not) i occasionally see one.
people smell - the stupid deer are culled, so the smart ones survive. simple darwin mechanics

Statement is not true. Hunters regularly drive deer especially hunting clubs. Stands typically are for bow hunters but when the guns come out driving deer herds is one of the most successful ways to bagging deer.

and that is why i put the word usually in there. yes on private land hunting clubs can drive deer, which is not really hunting but more of a slaughter.;)

anyone willing to entertain the idea that the cougar in ct was an escapee or intentional release ???

clark's cat-in-the-box was way under appreciated.

Not likely. The DNA data traces it back to a population in the midwest vs. a captive population.

We are getting into "Friend of a Friend" ballpark here but this picture was taken "within the last couple of weeks" in Franklin, NJ on a trail cam.

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 1,254
and that is why i put the word usually in there. yes on private land hunting clubs can drive deer, which is not really hunting but more of a slaughter.;)

Again your wrong there is no law that driving deer is illegal on state land, it is a form of hunting technique. Slaughter? Well if that's how you see it but at the end of the day a freezer full of free fresh grass fed meat is worth it to many.

Why am I debating some city slicker from Cranford anway :D

Again your wrong there is no law that driving deer is illegal on state land, it is a form of hunting technique. Slaughter? Well if that's how you see it but at the end of the day a freezer full of free fresh grass fed meat is worth it to many.

Why am I debating some city slicker from Cranford anway :D

Yeah I can attest that it is much easier to take a deer from a stand (they are usually moving very slowly if at all) than from a push (they tend to be moving fast and may only stop for a few seconds to look around).

Yeah I can attest that it is much easier to take a deer from a stand (they are usually moving very slowly if at all) than from a push (they tend to be moving fast and may only stop for a few seconds to look around).

that's why you push the deer TO people in the stands. very common.

silly man*. :D

[size=-2]*gender assumption based on screen name only. [/size]

We are getting into "Friend of a Friend" ballpark here but this picture was taken "within the last couple of weeks" in Franklin, NJ on a trail cam.

attachment.php

Franklin by Sixmile Run? Or Franklin North West of Flemington?

Not legal to own non domestic cat breeds in NJ.
People get around this by breeding hybrids. From what I hear they're 100% terrible animals to have in the house 100% of the time... Like run around killing the neighbors pets, attacking owners and their families, spraying everything.

Every pic that has shown up with someone saying it was in northern nj always ends up being proven false and that they were taken on the west coast and my father doesn't work for the state but is hired by them during trapping season very year. There is a very good market for selling anything from raccoons to muscrats, minks and much more. He make a few grand every season...

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions