Wildcat: Crowd Sourced Trail Maintenance

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wildcat Ridge Trail ( Yellow) from the dam, under the power lines, needs some brush trimming if anyone has some spare time.

I know we would all rather be digging a new trail, but maybe we should devote next Monday to trimming?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can buzz through with the battery powered trimmer. Probably take me 20-30 mins. Friday

Not sure how much time and battery you have, but the unmarked trail from yellow up to white, and that first part of wild blue need some love too.

Marshj

Not sure how much time and battery you have, but the unmarked trail from yellow up to white, and that first part of wild blue need some love too.
I can make it out later next week. I rode it a few weeks back and it was BAD

dmkalemba

cleared a "low bridge" on Lake Ames downhill. Also, gave stink eye to family of 5 riding quads and dirtbikes (saw them twice), once getting stuck going around the bar check log at the bottom of Richter mine ...

68nova200

cleared a "low bridge" on Lake Ames downhill. Also, gave stink eye to family of 5 riding quads and dirtbikes (saw them twice), once getting stuck going around the bar check log at the bottom of Richter mine ...
I saw they are trying their hardest to convert that side of green pond to double track...

68nova200

DEP doesn't mess around with motorized vehicles on WMAs tho either. So the number would probably work in this case.
But then again WMA's are still closed to mountain biking. So call with that in mind. I have called a few times. give them as many details as you can gather.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Also, the trails on the other side of Green Pond Rd are not part of the WMA.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Meriden Trail after the "new way down" descent tends to be a mess, the roots are so confused, it just kind of takes the high off what is otherwise an awesome experience. Also, the erosion and traffic could damage the roots of the birches. Putting in a wood structure is one solution, but costly and requires ongoing maintenance. Do you think "wood chips" would be a good solution? And if so, would hand hauling them from the Meriden Trailhead be something you would help with? others solutions? or its not an issue worth working on.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions