wife's 30th advice

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
My wife turns 30 at the end of June and is adamant about not having a party for her--she planned a spa day with her friends but does this count as a party for her?...so am I supposed to throw her a party even though she seems like she really doesn't want one? and if I don't throw her a party should I be doing something else to compensate???

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
...so am I supposed to throw her a party even though she seems like she really doesn't want one?

Have you guys not been married very long;) They're supposed to say they don't want anything, it's wife code for "I better get one hell of a party!!:D"

-Jim.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Have you guys not been married very long;) They're supposed to say they don't want anything, it's wife code for "I better get one hell of a party!!:D"

-Jim.

5 years this sept...She seems really opposed to it though...I mean, really opposed!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
tough call. although i usually like to play mind games with surprises for girls anyhow. i told my girlfriend a few weeks ago that a 6 month anniversary didnt mean sh*t. she in turn got really mad at me and cryed on the phone. than i had to somewhat spoil the surprise i had planned for her to calm her down. it ended up being a nice night after she nearly beat me. hahhahahaha.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
5 years this sept...She seems really opposed to it though...I mean, really opposed!

I would just plan a night away for the two of you someplace nice. B&B in some cute catskill town if that's your thing. There's a place right on the Hudson in Cold Spring called the Hudson House I like with a killer restaurant and hiking trails nearby. Maybe plan a get-together with some close friends when you get back. No need for a big party when she just wants to have some laughs and some memories.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Some women would rather not have everyone know how old they are.
Some wear it proudly, like a badge. She may not be able to deal with 30 until she hits 35. So let her be.

If she wants a spa day with friends, let her have it and go one better. How about adding dinner at a fabulous place or offer to reserve rooms at the Hyatt for her to relive the fun of college and have a real girls night out.

And when in doubt, diamonds. Shiny objects that can be enjoyed for a long time can outlast the fun(or embarrassment) of any party.

Shaggz

A strong 7
my wife is a very reasonable person. when she says she does not want "x", it is not code for "i really want x". i like Justin's advice - go away for a weekend. If you are uncertain, try a nice dinner with 2 or 3 close friends. My 2 cents....

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Buy her a football.

:rofl: that is f-ing great....

usually I try to compensate for my lack of creativity in these situtations by buying a ton of stuff, maybe a diamond studded g-string? :)

the dinner sounds like a good plan since she is uncertian about leaving the kid overnight with even her parents after a recent incident where they didn't follow the schedule (not even close) and we were up all night with an overtired kid....

TonyC

:rofl: that is f-ing great....

usually I try to compensate for my lack of creativity in these situtations by buying a ton of stuff, maybe a diamond studded g-string? :)

why bother, you'll never see it.. Just kidding.

the dinner sounds like a good plan since she is uncertian about leaving the kid overnight with even her parents after a recent incident where they didn't follow the schedule (not even close) and we were up all night with an overtired kid....

sounds very familiar..

Get her a nice watch. It will always remind her or you.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I would ask her friends, not yours. That way if it goes south you can blame them.
that of course goes without saying....at least for us married folks..:)
I think it's called Plausible deniability ...

rocknrollgirl

Well boys, I would venture to guess that I have been married longer than most of you. We have already passed a few of the big milestones b-days and anniversaries. So, although I would kill for a football or a new set of wheels for my husbands bike, most women would not. Kidding.

Seriously, just ask her. Point blank, is she speaking in girl or not. I wanted a small party for my 40th, and a new bike. So I just told Chris exactly what I wanted. And guess what, I got exactly what I wanted.

She may not want a fuss. I did not want a fuss for 30 either. Surviving until 40, needed a party! And a new bike. Wait until 50....Big f'ing party...and a new bike!

The spa day sounds great. Ask her about the party, if she really means no, I like the weekend get away idea.

Just 2 cents from the old married lady.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Dont buy her anything from VictoriaSecret:hitsfan:, I had that one backfire, now I'm lucky to see anything softer than burlap.:(

Top Bottom