Why I don’t think I should ride Wawayanda Solo anymore.

Sprintzer

I posted this in the Wawayanda section but i too have encountered bears. I wasn't alone and my friend and i were not really sure what to do. We saw them over on the pumphouse as well. Right after the walk through the swamp and the nice downhill section we rest the hill and mom is standing with two cubs scaling the tree. Man that was a fun day.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Bear "sittings" are way up. Bears nowadays are just sooo lazy, they won't even run after a tasty mt.biker, sheesh. That whole experience would BUG ME OUT!!!!

There isn't enough meat (or fat) on the typical serious rider to bother chasing down?

Panhead

The lucky 57 ride

Hitting Waway at 8:00am Sunday morning about 20 miles. You don't have to be the fastest, but you can't be the slowest. Meeting at the ranger station.

C

Crank

You have a much greater chance of getting killed by lightening than by a black bear in Waywayanda. Deer are responsible for way more (motorist) deaths.

PlayAllDay

Yah, lots of bears at Wawayanda and in that area in general. I ride solo at waway constantly each week and see lots of bears, but believe me they're pretty harmless. :)

Top Bottom