why,do u loves biking??

liong71er

hello all,...i remember once my wife asking me this question, why do you lovesbiking so much??
then i told her this:
its my hobbies, its my getaway tool from"crazy" dailly routine life n works n many thing.
its make me happy. also as my 2nd wife:eek:

and i'm still going to love it,'till death do "mybike" part.:)

warcricket

Like a Jerk
my bike is actually a super secret jet fighter with rockets n' stuff in disguise, thats why i like my bike.

Spartacus

I ride my couch. Its good to me. It lets ms stop and rest and it has this nifty little holder for the remote.

I ride my couch infront of the tv and it lets me do sports .........like watching the Supercross series on sundays

Why do I like riding.................I zone out and all there is is me and the trail.
The feel of hammering hills (up and down)
The feel of switch backs
The feel after a ride....the hi!

lou_b_83

I ride to get away from it all. I ride to find that perfect line that lets me screem down the hill that I fell on yesterday. I ride to see all there is to see.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Because it gets me out of the damn house and an excuse to eat pizza after each ride.

C

Cthulhu

It's the only time that my mind shuts off. Plus, I always loved exploring when I was growing up; riding puts me back into the woods and lets me reconnect with that.

dualfisted

Yo XC, there is no excuse for wearing spandex, cover your junk up:getsome:,,,,, you aint gettin' anywhere any faster in that bidness, hahaha....... As fer riding, it flows, I disappear outta my daily grind head and into my head rush, and, it keeps the gut away and makes my legs look supa-fly, haha again.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
The one true thing i can trust! Riding is life.

Reminds me of a great quote:

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen.

I love biking because it is one of the few hobbies that combine multiple needs:

1. Need for exercise. 'Never have been a naturally skinny person (the opposite, actually) and I'm getting to the age that being out-of-shape affects my day-to-day life. Also it is low impact exercise, usually. 'Bad back and knees here...
2. Need for speed. Okay, it ain't hot lapping a Formula Continental at Watkins Glen (there is some freakin' fun for ya'!), but a smooth fast run is a smooth fast run.
3. Need to tinker. I'm a gear-head. I love machines. I love tinkering with machines. I upgrade stuff on my bike when it doesn't need it. I clean and adjust things when they're fine. It is a sickness:drooling:
4. Need to get outside. I love being outside. When I was off the bike due to my back, I didn't spend nearly enough time outside.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
what he said.....
I mostly just like being outside it is a good way to get out and exercise at the same time.....
that and when I ride fast downhill the wind in my ears drowns out the voices. :)

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
what he said.....
I mostly just like being outside it is a good way to get out and exercise at the same time.....
that and when I ride fast downhill the wind in my ears drowns out the voices. :)

It doesn't drown out the noises in my head; it just makes 'em louder 'cause they're arguing. The father/husband voice screams "slow down", the perpetual teenager voice screams "oh yeah! go faster"....

BiknBen

Remember how cool it felt the first time you rode a bike? It was a bit turbulent at first. Then it just clicked and you were gone. Saying to yourself, "Holy crap...I'm actually doing this!!!" All of a sudden the world was your playground. You just looked around for a continuous source of that feeling.

That is why I ride. Each time I do something new I say, "Holy Crap that was sweet! Now What!?!" Then I'm off to get that feeling again, and again.

I did this yesterday at Allaire. I was part of a train of riders just screamin through some sweeping single-track. The trail was eroded and formed a natural berm along the sides. We had to lean into each turn to maintain the speed. My tires are riding the outside edge of the trail. I'm leaned over so far that my head is in the bushes of the inside part of the turn. I'm ducking my head to protect my face and hoping that my tires hold. Going through turns at top speed, taking your equipment and ability to its limit, blind...is quite a rush.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I remember when I got my first mountain bike in the early '90s. Then when suspension forks became popular, I was the first in our little riding group to get one (got mine from Cycle Craft before the store expanded to what it is today). Everybody in the group said I was a wuss and I'm such a 'Fred' for getting the newest thing. After a few rides with them they started getting suspension forks. After upgrading my Raleigh (from Rt. 15 Cycles in Jefferson) after just 1 season with the fore mentioned aftermarket suspension fork to a Cannondale Delta-V (from Halter's) with a Headshock I was the first to get clipless pedals and received similar ball busting. Then a few rides later others are getting them. After a couple of years on the Delta-V I got a full suspension bike, a Super-V 1000 (from Cycle Craft post move/expansion). More ribbing from the vultures I ride with until I started seeing more and more FS bikes on the trails. I’m not saying I’m an early adopter or anything but I just love the technology this sport has created. Now we have great variety of “Mountain Bikes”. You have your rigid/rigid, front suspension/hard tail, soft tail, SS, 29er, 69er. Then with full suspension you have XC, AM, DH, FS, etc. with varying levels of travel, some adjustable. All these choices is making it difficult for me to decide on my next ride and that is a good problem to have.

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i ride because i need some form of physical 'flow' in my life. whether it be music, climbing, skiing, surfing or riding - just interaction with the 'natural world' around me takes me away for awhile - whether the medium be sound, rock, snow, water, or dirt.

riding clears my head - the only thing i can concentrate on is motion and breathing while i'm out there. it gets me down to basics. and i get to feel like a ten year old kid everytime i go out - no matter what shape i'm in.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
hello all,...i remember once my wife asking me this question, why do you lovesbiking so much??
then i told her this:
its my hobbies, its my getaway tool from"crazy" dailly routine life n works n many thing.
its make me happy. also as my 2nd wife:eek:

and i'm still going to love it,'till death do "mybike" part.:)

Mountain biking is great because you can do it alone or in a group. However, even in a group, you're still on your own until the next rest stop. Even when in a large group, everything you do depends mostly on your own personal skills. Does that make sense?

I enjoy the deep woods, the challenge of the ride, pushing yourself. The best part is that you get a hell of a work out and it is FUN! I don't have to mentally push myself to do it, since it is so much fun. I can only think of two times I didn't enjoy my rides, and they included multiple flats and tons of mosquitoes.

mwlikesbikes

Reminds me of a great quote:

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen.

I love biking because it is one of the few hobbies that combine multiple needs:

1. Need for exercise. 'Never have been a naturally skinny person (the opposite, actually) and I'm getting to the age that being out-of-shape affects my day-to-day life. Also it is low impact exercise, usually. 'Bad back and knees here...
2. Need for speed. Okay, it ain't hot lapping a Formula Continental at Watkins Glen (there is some freakin' fun for ya'!), but a smooth fast run is a smooth fast run.
3. Need to tinker. I'm a gear-head. I love machines. I love tinkering with machines. I upgrade stuff on my bike when it doesn't need it. I clean and adjust things when they're fine. It is a sickness:drooling:
4. Need to get outside. I love being outside. When I was off the bike due to my back, I didn't spend nearly enough time outside.

Agreed! Anyone that quotes the king of cool can't be too bad!

Another thing is the camaraderie we have while biking. The comments elsewhere about the happy mob at allaire last wkend. We all come from different areas, have different jobs, different political, religious outlooks. But biking brings people together. Who knows, biking could save the world if riven a chance. :hmmm:

Course' then it'll be even more of a bitch to find a parking spot at allaire!!!!:p

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
1) it is an excuse to miss church on Sundays
2) it clears my mind and gets me ready for another long week of boring work
3) I feel like a kid again

Top Bottom