Why are some shop mechanics so arrogant?

rxpxskier

Im done with my LBS...I cant stand the arrogance of some of mechanics when I ask a question. Ive gotten some recommendations from friends where to go which require a further drive so ill start there. but what's the deal with some of these employees?

jklett

I think it's the same in any service oriented job. Put yourself in their shoes and think about how many people they have to deal with in a day that think they know everything about how they should do their job then ask yourself how long you could stay friendly about it. It's hard to not take that kind of shit personally.

rick81721

Lothar
giphy (2).gif

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Lol I was the surly mechanic :). I’ve never been a people person and preferred to stay at my bench. I’d only deal with people if I had to but tried to be nice when I did. That being said, and this is no excuse to be rude to a customer but, (and this could apply to a lot of places) when someone comes in with a problem, asks for a professional opinion, then proceeds to argue the response with said experienced trained professional. “ but my friend/the inter webs etc said” :rolleyes:.

rxpxskier

I try to let things go... I worked at a Helpdesk for 2 years so I know being pissed does nothing, but It was too early in their day to be so grouchy. They lost a customer, I tried to support them but ill just shop online now for parts and use a different shop for service when necessary

68nova200

Lol I was the surly mechanic :). I’ve never been a people person and preferred to stay at my bench. I’d only deal with people if I had to but tried to be nice when I did. That being said, and this is no excuse to be rude to a customer but, (and this could apply to a lot of places) when someone comes in with a problem, asks for a professional opinion, then proceeds to argue the response with said experienced trained professional. “ but my friend/the inter webs etc said” :rolleyes:.
That was the hardest part about working customer service and repair when i fixed vacuums. Also when they asked for the manager, me... they never got happier.

xc62701

I don’t get it as well. I had one a while back that wanted to be rewarded for everything he did. I was really put off by that and if I wanted to have given a perk or what not I wouldn't.

Top Bottom