Who's Racing Sunday?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Ok it's not my idea, but Neen wants to know , who is racing Sunday?? ;)

What class? Tell us your game plan, or ask questions. ??

... and responses from ladies and girls only**. :getsome:

**We know the guys are racing and will have a "Reservioir Dog" stand off, and while they lay on the trail in their own blood, we could ride over them to the finish line. But as always, we stop to help them.:)

NJ Jess

first

Okay, this will be my first real Full season in the Expert Womens 35 + category.
Game plan,...survive the third lap!

N

Neen

I'm pretty sure I don't have a game plan, with the rain and mud and all, and this being my first ever sport race :scared:
I hope the weathermen are wrong and things clear up soon!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I definitely won't be racing, but if I can still walk on Sunday, I may show up to cheer ya'll on.

I might even bring a pencil and see if I can get a job.;)

Eileen

I did this race last year, but this is my first race in sport.

My game plan is to not :puke: on the second lap but more importantly have lots of fun and hang out with everyone from mtbnj.

Can't wait for Sunday. See ya there.

S

Shar0se

thinking about it.....but to be honest I have only ridden twice since the fall season ended- was too busy skiing!! If I do ride it'll be beginner since and my goal will just be to have fun and get in shape--

I'm still not confident enough to ride clipless at Waywayanda, too technical for me! I'll get there one of these days....

Eileen and Neen- WAY TO GO moving up to sport and WAY TO GO Jess at expert!

gadgetq

i'm not in any shape to enter in the waywayanda race. but i do plan on entering in a few this year as a beginner.

how many hours of training should i be doing inorder to move up to sport?

how many hours on a roadbike should i be doing?

what is the average speed someone should maintain before they move to the sport class?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
i'm not in any shape to enter in the waywayanda race. but i do plan on entering in a few this year as a beginner.

how many hours of training should i be doing inorder to move up to sport?

how many hours on a roadbike should i be doing?

what is the average speed someone should maintain before they move to the sport class?

I'm not sure if there are any set answers for those questions. You can be a pro and not even ride a road bike. Speed varies by terrain. You really have to race to see where you fit in. If you enjoy a longer race, you can enter sport the first time. If you race beginner and win a few races, it may be time to move up. It's all up to you and what makes it fun for you. I say jump in and see what it is like.

F

FallGirl1430

This will be my first sport 35+ race this Sunday, I started riding/racing June of last year. Tommy and I have been riding right thru the winter most every weekend. Having the flu most of April I'm sure will set me back a little. My game plan is to stick on the wheel of one of the faster riders for the first lap and try not to let the leaders get too far ahead, than see what I have left on the second lap. Most of all have fun and try to learn from the first race of what I hope will be a long season.
See ya there,

Christina ... :)

ellenserruto

my plan is to show up and smile my way through 3 laps.. I have a wedding in the city Sat nite so I will NOT be well rested or well hydrated @ Wayway.
I am just happy to push hard and get a good workout in!!:)

trailrider

Thanks so much Pixychick, NJ Jess, Fall Girl and all the other women who led the pre-ride this past Sunday. It was a really great time and I learned a lot. It was also nice to meet new riders and try out new terrain. Good luck to all the racers this coming Sunday! Hope to see everyone at the Kittatiny pre-ride on the 10th. :)

Mare

I won't be able to make it because I haven't been on a bike in a few weeks (the darn flu)! I hope all of you have fun and the weather is sunny for you!! Good luck everyone!

jenny boots

I should be there as long as it is not pouring rain. I think I'm gonna try sport class for the first time. I'm not the competitive sort, and not looking to set any world records, so I just want to get out there, have fun and finish. Hope to see you all there with at least a little sunshine. Good luck to everyone!

Top Bottom