Who's Hanging Up The Rig For The Winter For Their Snow Slider?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i thought there were pics of that ride but i just searched sean's blog and found zero.

i miss him posting here. there's some great reading in there...execpt for the 42 homo-erotic episodes between him and fred which reference "f00t rubs", "beer" and one with fred waking up on sean's couch. yuk.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hang it up?

I hang up my "racer-guy-training-schedule" and have fun all winter long. The Allaire roller coaster will be boarding soon enough:D

-Jim.

Mare

that's the worst. What I do is turn off the heat and put the windows down a mile before the parking lot. Gets your body heat flowing a bit before you head out.

I am the exact opposite. I overheat in my car so that getting out in the cold is a relief. By the time my body would cool down from that, I am already warming up from pedaling, so I settle at a nice comfy temp right in the middle of overheating and freezing :)

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I'm a Twin Planker so I'll be hitting the slopes but I'm still riding... although not as much.

don

I take a little time off from riding in the winter. Yeah, it's great to ride all year long but it's good to mix things up so you don't get burnt. The first rides in Spring mean a little more. Besides, fitness wise, I'm pretty aweful all year long so that doesn't matter. I'm actually more concerned about the skill level dropping too much.

Outside Ice Hockey - Once it gets cold, outdoor ice hockey starts up and that's about 2 nights a week and a good and fun workout as well. Real good lung and leg workout not to mention it keeps the reflexes sharp.

Snowboardig - For snowboarding, last season I got just shy of 20 days at the hill which is good considering I have 3 small kids. I'd like to get at least 10 in this season. Like Madness said, I just got the new Rome and MackDawg flicks and was pretty stoked to ride snow after watching them.

Bikes - Planning to get out to Ray's (maybe even 2). Allaire and Hartshorne should be fine to ride all winter long and they are both pretty close - I'll hit them when I have a chance and trail conditions are good. I will be in FL a couple times over the winter and will try and sample the trails when I'm down there too.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Yup, Woody as well. That's the day I rode on my spindle the whole ride. That was a lot of fun, I remember it well. Brett called me a dog that day.

That was a good day.SG was a little tired and on the way in to the ride from my house a was really layin into him, only to get to KVSP and have Norm lay into me with my very own (former) bike. 1 pedaled no less! There are pics at the blogspot.........

don

it's digging season!!!

lately it's been straight fixies, shovels, and 20" wheels...

ain't that the truth! Shovels have been moving all summer long but the dirt is in very nice shape right now. I've got a few 'winter projects' planned.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The beauty of living in NJ is that you can hop on a mountain bike and find good trail conditions in January, so why would I hang my bike up for the winter? If I lived in NY state,UT,VT,CO, the bike trails would be covered with snow and I'd have to bust out my skis.
I do focus more on skiing in the winter but we don't get enough snow locally for me to hang my bike up. Its good to take a break from Mt biking occasionally, when I do get back on the trail it feels sooo good.

lou_b_83

I am a year rounder. The only time I don't ride is when the mud is out. Don't want to kill the fun part of me:D

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
this is where i hang it....:D
PB010006sized.jpg

all year round baby!!!

I got tired of driving up and waiting in line for ice instead of snow...plus then I got kids & made it way more complicated.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
this is where i hang it....:D

all year round baby!!!

I got tired of driving up and waiting in line for ice instead of snow...plus then I got kids & made it way more complicated.

Isn't that your dead Jamis?

Did you ever get a new frame?

NJMX835

I've been on ski's since age 3 & on a board since age 12 (I'm 32) and I guess I'm thoroughly burned out on the east coast mountains.

If I lived out west I would definitly be on the slopes all year, but sliding around the ice on a couple hundered vertical foot hill doesn't do it for me anymore.

I'd much rather ride though the winter now, I still hate the cold, but the trails are wicked fast when the ground is frozen & there's nothing like going out at 5am & riding Stewart when the snowmobiles have packed the trails down, it's like riding a BMX track.

Plus, if you're racing you always want to train harder over the winter than the other guy :getsome:

goldsbar

Decent skiing (Catskills) is two hours away. Great skiing is 5 hours away (Sugarbush, etc. or a plane ride).

Decent MTBing is 5 minutes away. Great MTBing is 25 minutes away.

2 small kids means I'm mostly MTBing.

TonyC

I plan on riding through the winter.

Skiing question for those w/kids ?

What age did you start them and which resort? Need the whole rental package. My kids are 7,5,2 and wife skis.

I can see us all out West for a family vacation in the years to come.

Top Bottom