Whole-home water softener

Ouch. I grew up with hard water, have hard water and prefer hard water, but I've never seen scale like that. I still say it may be particulate, easily caught by inlet filtration.

And why is is on the outside of plastic tubing?

Last edited:
Ouch. I grew up with hard water, have hard water and prefer hard water, but I've never seen scale like that. I still say it may be particulate, easily caught by inlet filtration.

And why is is on the outside of plastic tubing?
I dunno, i guess it was leaking slightly. Called appliance repair guy because spout had a slow drip and button would sometimes stick. Dudeman made 2 prior trips where he replaced the microswitch in the fridge spout, then the one-way valve inside the fridge before pulling the fridge out to find and replace this. Needless to say i was not happy with Dan Marc Appliance after 3 trips to fix same problem. When i get the water softener, looks like most companies perform a free water test first so i'll find out if particulates are a problem as well and will fix that too if needed. At least my fridge has all new parts now.

Finally got @MadisonDan 's guy to the house today. Test came back 7.2ph and 28 grains per gallon (3 is considered "hard water"). Quoted me $1,495 installed with drain to the slop sink. Seem reasonable?

Finally got @MadisonDan 's guy to the house today. Test came back 7.2ph and 28 grains per gallon (3 is considered "hard water"). Quoted me $1,495 installed with drain to the slop sink. Seem reasonable?
I can't remember, but I think that;s the ballpark.

Madison is all well water, so yeah it makes sense it's hard water.

If your water stops flowing to your house, sorry I broke something.
@Santapez , why would you be responsible? Do you work for Madison, the water company, the softener company or Aquatec?

@Santapez , why would you be responsible? Do you work for Madison, the water company, the softener company or Aquatec?

Did a lot of the automation controls for the water & wastewater for the town over the years. Madison interestingly does it's own water/wastewater/electric.

I'm joking about being responsible. My stuff works. :)

Did a lot of the automation controls for the water & wastewater for the town over the years. Madison interestingly does it's own water/wastewater/electric.

I'm joking about being responsible. My stuff works. :)
haha ok nice. Yes, when i moved here i thought it was weird Madison has their own water/electric, billed together monthly. Though last month i got 2 separate bills, hope that stupidity doesn't continue.

haha ok nice. Yes, when i moved here i thought it was weird Madison has their own water/electric, billed together monthly. Though last month i got 2 separate bills, hope that stupidity doesn't continue.

If it's any consolation, I've found dealing with the town that they have less waste (both purchasing and labor) than other places I've worked. I don't know if it's actually cheaper/better the way they do things, but they certainly aren't doing a bad job of it.

But then again, just like EVERY other place I work at, they're one minor issue away from the entire system not working.

Back
Top Bottom