Who Rides Here?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I checked this place out in the fall and it is an up am coming place as far as new singletrack. The existing layout has a bunch of double track and some tehcnical stuff and some tough climbs for the central area. It is worth checking out if you are close. I was actually thinking of riding there soon.

dirty bert

Banned
I checked this place out in the fall and it is an up am coming place as far as new singletrack. The existing layout has a bunch of double track and some tehcnical stuff and some tough climbs for the central area. It is worth checking out if you are close. I was actually thinking of riding there soon.

Let me know, i work in Lambertville, so it's real close for me.

rcarch

I might be riding up there on Thursday after work, 5:30 or so. I work in Lambertville too, but I have not been up there in a over year. I am curious to check it out.

rc

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
we're going to be having rides there out of bicycle pro in bordentown. We'll be at the parking lot saturday mornings around 8 or so.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
did you ride there yet? impressions?

rode there saturday for the first time. The mountain area definitely had some sketchy downhill sections, I almost ate it twice on my very un-downhill friendly set-up. Most of the guys left after we rode the hills, then 3 of us rode towards the washington crossing area, which was good. Our "guide" for the second part of the ride said that there is definitely possibility to get mileage in at this place. I think we did around 9 miles that morning and didnt hit anything twice.

I'm looking forward to getting the full tour soon.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
washington crossing has some good stuff, just it isnt legal. Baldpate needs more single track and could be killer....

wingers

washington crossing has some good stuff, just it isnt legal. Baldpate needs more single track and could be killer....

I am a bit confused here? Washington Crossing has a designated Mtn Bike area that is also part of the Horse trails. You can get about 4-5 miles at Washington's Crossing in one loop. Granted it does not have a technical area like 6-mile or some other areas in Mercer County.

Baldpate does have several trails you just need to get to the top of the mountain. It is easy to get 10 mi.+ between the two areas. There are some killer climbs that remind me of Sourland in Montgomery. There is a lot of potential here.

I go there about once a week/or every two weeks. I have seen several riders out over the last month. The Honey Hollow trail section of Baldpate is one of the easier ways to get to the top. Best to park at Brick road across from Church Street. There is also another entrance from Pleasant Valley Road.
I road there area on Monday. I will try to post some pictures soon.

wingers

A few pictures of Baldpate

Attached are a few pics from a recent ride. Note the construction at the upper parking lot is moving forward.
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG00151.jpg
    IMG00151.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG00117.jpg
    IMG00117.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG00154.jpg
    IMG00154.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG00150.jpg
    IMG00150.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG00114.jpg
    IMG00114.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 416

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I am a bit confused here? Washington Crossing has a designated Mtn Bike area that is also part of the Horse trails. You can get about 4-5 miles at Washington's Crossing in one loop. Granted it does not have a technical area like 6-mile or some other areas in Mercer County.

Baldpate does have several trails you just need to get to the top of the mountain. It is easy to get 10 mi.+ between the two areas. There are some killer climbs that remind me of Sourland in Montgomery. There is a lot of potential here.

I go there about once a week/or every two weeks. I have seen several riders out over the last month. The Honey Hollow trail section of Baldpate is one of the easier ways to get to the top. Best to park at Brick road across from Church Street. There is also another entrance from Pleasant Valley Road.
I road there area on Monday. I will try to post some pictures soon.

The designated MTB trail in Washington X-ing is maybe a 1.5 mile loop, if that, of singletrack and the horse trails are 8 foot wide cut grass paths, again, not single track. There is alot of other single track there that bikes aren't legal on (although how often to you see this place with tons of hikers, never).

As I said before, there is a ton of potential at Baldpate and there is some good stuff there, just not enough for how much land there is. These places are really close to where I live and I used to ride Washington Crossing all the time. They are fun if you are close.

B

Btown29r

Let me know, i work in Lambertville, so it's real close for me.

Ever hit the new bike shop in Lambertville on Main Street? Not much mountain biking stuff, but a great road shop nonetheless. Great guys in there too! -mJ

dirty bert

Banned
Pure energy

Ever hit the new bike shop in Lambertville on Main Street? Not much mountain biking stuff, but a great road shop nonetheless. Great guys in there too! -mJ

I have but not lately, i'm a lil out of commission right now. the owner, i'm not gonna even attempt to spell his name, is a good rider.

-j

boris_159

I live right on Fiddler's Creek Rd. and I ride here 3-5 days a week. I would love to go with anyone who is from the area sometime. Hit me up with a PM or email if anyone is interested.

I ride here about once a week. Lemme know if you guys wanna play a meet. The bike shop I work at sometimes has a Wednesday evening ride here that meets at the Washington Crossing bridge at 6pm.

boris_159

Bummer, this semester I have class on Wednesday nights. I'll keep it in mind though if my schedule changes. I'll post here if I can plan a ride in advance. I'm in college and ROTC so I just ride when I can.

Top Bottom