Who is at work today

I was asked to come in 2weeks ago...its extra overtime. We do 10hr days so I get 10hrs ot eveyweek. but no cars coming in sucks. Its hot. I'm tired, my boots smell weird, my tummy hurts. If it rains NO cars come for some reason. I'd still rather get caught in rain on. Trail somewhere then sit here and wait to get sent home

At work and a little sleepy

Lou what do you do?

I used to work all holidays too at an IT helpdesk. Double time and a half though. It was tough to turn down, but shitty when I was "volunteered".

But i would work every thanksgiving and black friday and that extra fat paycheck would come right before x-mas. Very helpful.

I used to loathe holidays when I was younger (still do, actually).

When I was a HS & college I worked at a Trailways bus depot; the holidays were nuts and I had to work ALL of them. The money was great, but holiday became synonymous with work.

Then when I graduated college, I worked for a factory robotics company that specialized in saw mill automation. You'll never guess when saw mills shut down so that they can install new equipment and control systems; yup, holidays.

I don't think I had a major holiday off from mid 1981 to Xmas 1990.

My work only closes 2 days a year, Christmas and Thanksgiving. Like Jeremy, holiday work for us is about triple time. Everybody jumps on it because its awesome money and seniority based which means that guys that do a certain job every day get bumped by the more senior guys just for the hours and money.

I have been at my job long enough that I would most likely get some cushy holiday work but I had one bad exp. a few years ago that was bad enough that I swore I would never do it again. Keep the money, I'll enjoy the day off.

Shoot!... I'll trade ya. I haven't had steady work since May. Although it's been a great break for me, but I'm going stir crazy!
Watched my professional job of the past 18 years reduced to a generalized position filled with interns and beginers....
I hear you on the holidays tho-
Most ass bustinest time of the year for folks who
work through the holidays.
It's Friday, so unless you work weekends too, it's lookin purty
nice right about now.

I worked till 630 this morning and will be back in in a few hours. Last night was one of the more interesting nights in quite some time. :cool:

I'm working now. Shooting a wedding and eating my face off, great cocktail hour I got paid to go to ;)

Am I the only one stuck at work and not riding?:cry:
I wish my office did not have a window so I could not see outside. It just makes me want to leave. I wonder if anyone would notice :hmmm:

i'm back at the office now, but rode this morning .. ran into JimV on the highway .. exchanged greetings getting out of the toll booth .. ran into kush & company on the trailz

omg work suuuuuckkks

keep thinking about riding, really can't with the rain, road riding is boring, maybe the fixie for a bit later? Shit, I really have no time these days, busy painting and finishing shit. I can't wait till 2013 when I don't have to plan shit anymore. Yabbadabbababba

alex.gif
alex.gif
alex.gif
alex.gif
alex.gif
alex.gif
alex.gif
alex.gif
alex.gif

omgzz

Back
Top Bottom