Who else wants to be in the 1,000 mile club?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The Round Valley Loop this morning put me just over 1,000 miles YTD for '09. Officially it is 1,000.11 miles. Who else broke a K? I know Freddy's gotta be up there, or over by now.

-Jim.

ArmyOfNone

The Round Valley Loop this morning put me just over 1,000 miles YTD for '09. Officially it is 1,000.11 miles. Who else broke a K? I know Freddy's gotta be up there, or over by now.

-Jim.

I dunno son. Hopefully my garmin will arrive this week and I can start to track my work. I have not missed to many days this year riding, thank you mother nature very much.

xc62701

I was hoping to be around this mark soon but this cold has put me on my butt for the past 2 weeks. I'll get there...

Wobbegong

I think I've had more trainer miles in late Jan/Feb than actual miles. :mad:

Mountain bike rides dont rack up miles well. I've only had one longer road ride this year.

Having over 1000 miles this time of year is real impressive, good work!!!

xc62701

I think I've had more trainer miles in late Jan/Feb than actual miles. :mad:

Mountain bike rides dont rack up miles well. I've only had one longer road ride this year.

Having over 1000 miles this time of year is real impressive, good work!!!

I hear ya if I had all those trainer miles as road miles I'd be a lot closer. That plus 4+ hour mtb rides would have been better as road miles.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
its not all about miles at this time of year. have fun! ride!:getsome:

You are right - getting HOURS in the saddle is just as important as mileage.

Regardless, tomorrow its going to be 61 degrees and rain... time to test out that rain gear son!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Sounds like you're on track for 10,000 miles in 09...

We'll see. My yearly mileage has dropped since I started racing cyclocross. During 'cross season I take 2 days off during the week and the other 3 trying to regain feeling in my legs:D

-Jim.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Good to see you out today Jim!

From what I see with the handful of 10K+ (a year) riders that i know, it seems that they get slower overall but they can go forever on the bike.

I am pretty jealous of you guys btw.. I was doing taxes all morning while thinking of my road bike.

ArmyOfNone

Good to see you out today Jim!

From what I see with the handful of 10K+ (a year) riders that i know, it seems that they get slower overall but they can go forever on the bike.

I am pretty jealous of you guys btw.. I was doing taxes all morning while thinking of my road bike.

I want nothing to know of what you must pay in taxes. But if they were miles on the bike...YES!

BiknBen

Who you calling slow. ;)

I doubt I've done 10k in any of the last few years (I no longer keep track). I've done it a few times in the past and they did make me slower. Quantity makes milestones...Quality makes results.

scalpel6

Who you calling slow. ;)

I doubt I've done 10k in any of the last few years (I no longer keep track). I've done it a few times in the past and they did make me slower. Quantity makes milestones...Quality makes results.

:getsome::getsome::getsome:

Top Bottom