Who else wants to be in the 1,000 mile club?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Quantity makes milestones...Quality makes results.

What if you did a quantity of quality? Then you'd achieve milestone results:hmmm:

Maybe like trying to podium at nationals? Or winning something big like the 24HOA? Or even just making the jump to Pro? This is one of my favorite quotes...

"if you keep doing the same things over and over again - you'll only succeed in getting the same results."

-Jim.

BiknBen

I doubt I've done 10k in any of the last few years (I no longer keep track). I've done it a few times in the past and they did make me slower. Quantity makes milestones...Quality makes results.

To everyone,
Just to be clear...I'm not contradicting the original discussion. 1,000 miles by mid February tells me that the person has been putting in their base miles. He/She is on track for a good year of riding.

Eventually you notice diminishing returns on mileage. Someone who is race training will need to crank up the intensity in order to continue making fitness gains. JimV already knows this. :getsome:

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
"if you think you are staying the same, you are probably getting worse"

I think joe paterno said that, i can't remember the first part of the quote, but this is the end.

dhsean

Let's see, racing DH weekends all Summer. 8 practice runs saturday, 3-4 runs sunday then my race run. I should hit 1000 miles by November.

At least I got that intensity thing going for me. :D

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
......I should hit 1000 miles by November.
At least I got that intensity thing going for me. :D

I'm with you when you say by November. Hats off to Jim and others that have your G before March. Great work and keep it fun. I'm just hoping not to burn out on the road before mud season ends.:cool:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'm just hoping not to burn out on the road before mud season ends.:cool:

The CX bike helps keep rides interesting. If I start to get bored I bunnyhop onto sidewalks or ride in the gravel just off the road. The last few days the wind has provided plenty of debris and fallen trees to keep me on my toes. And of course, I'd go absolutely nuts without my Ipod!!

-Jim.

Top Bottom