White Loop

avc8130

My group attempted to ride the White Loop on Friday. WOW, what a loop. As we should have expected, the wet leaves and mossy rocks were out in full force. Somewhere very early on there was a ridiculous rocky climb that pretty much kicked our butts. We all trudged up taking our bikes for a nice stroll. A lot of the downhill was above my skill level, and generally the whole ride was above my fitness level. Would have probably been a much better ride if there were no leaves. 9.9 miles total, ~1300' elevation climb.

ac

pedals

I was out there yesterday too...Really enjoyed my ride, especially knowing that it could be the last time trails will be clear for awhile after this monster Sandy storm.:( Can't imagine the mess.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My group attempted to ride the White Loop on Friday. WOW, what a loop. As we should have expected, the wet leaves and mossy rocks were out in full force. Somewhere very early on there was a ridiculous rocky climb that pretty much kicked our butts. We all trudged up taking our bikes for a nice stroll. A lot of the downhill was above my skill level, and generally the whole ride was above my fitness level. Would have probably been a much better ride if there were no leaves. 9.9 miles total, ~1300' elevation climb.

ac

You could try Stephens. Has a bit of everything, just not as intense. Has some good climbs, crazy fun downhills, some short techy sections, and overall fun flowey ST.

rlb

DP & Allamuchy North also have white loops. Which part did you do? The SW side of SSP has some impossible climbs. You can put together a loop that includes the best of white plus some other excellent trail with only one killer climb. SSP is one of my favorite places, definitely plenty of goodness in there!

Last edited:

avc8130

DP & Allamuchy North also have white loops. Which part did you do? The SW side of SSP has some impossible climbs. You can put together a loop that includes the best of white plus some other excellent trail with only one killer climb. SSP is one of my favorite places, definitely plenty of goodness in there!

We did the entire White trail at SSP. We started from the parking lot by the bridge over the river. We went up Red to Red/White and then onto White. We took White all the way around to Orange and back down to the lot.

ac

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The SW side of SSP has some impossible climbs.

Love ya rob but they are ridable I have and witness others, SSers to boot. Bets were made and most will do anything for some tasty hops. Lower white that is from rangers station correct.

avc8130

Love ya rob but they are ridable I have and witness others, SSers to boot. Bets were made and most will do anything for some tasty hops. Lower white that is from rangers station correct.

I'm sure they are climb-able to the right person in good shape. It would be a heck of a climb on a SS and that person deserves the best beer in the land.

ac

rlb

I guess impossible is in the eye of the beholder :D I can navigate most SSP climbs but the stuff off of white/red is doable by goat only. Most SS guys fall into that category so its no surprise.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions