White Clay Anyone?

MVMX

saturday? who's in?

Anyony still in for this Saturday at White Clay?

Perfect weather, let's go!

I can only go on Saturday as I'm all moto on Sunday.

Marty
mvmx6@yahoo.com

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
sorry i havnt updated on this. im actually going to be going down on wed with mr chainsaw and walter. anyone interested for than let me know

walter

Fourth Party
when on wednesday? I work nights so if its during the day I'll come over and do a loop.

I think we are looking to get there early in the morning on wednesday, between us we havent figured out a time to leave NJ, but it looks to be about a 2 hour ride

lmckee

Even better. How early are we talking, if I work my usual hours I'd be there around 10am but I could go in early and most likely pull off 8ish. I won't be able to do an epic with you guys but I can definitely show you around and put in a few miles. My normal weekday ride there is a 8.5 mile loop which is what I'll hang with you guys for, then I have to get the hell home and get some sleep.

JSantana

Scott / Dustin / Walter

Keep me posted about Wednesday, I want to go also.

Hey Walter: I live right near you in Spotswood, if you are going solo, maybe we can carpool instead of taking 2 cars.

lmckee

I'm not sure what you guys have figured out as travel time but I can do the drive from the Trenton area to my house which is 5 minutes from white clay in about and hour and 15 minutes. Just let me know a time and I'll meet up with you guys.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
we havnt figured out a time yet but its going to be rather early. prolly about a 2 hour drive or so from us to there. hhaha i dont think any of us are "epic" caliber anyhow. just wanna go ride and have some fun.

walter

Fourth Party
Scott / Dustin / Walter

Keep me posted about Wednesday, I want to go also.

Hey Walter: I live right near you in Spotswood, if you are going solo, maybe we can carpool instead of taking 2 cars.

I think the plan is we are meeting in South Amboy, either my house or Dustins. I have a suv and a 4 bike rack so worse case scenario you drive to my house bright and early and snooze on the ride down. If its the four of us we can take my car no problem and be comfy

JSantana

Thanks for offering to drive.

That sounds like a plan, but only if you let me pay for gas, tolls, and buy lunch.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
hahhah we can split all the gas and tolls and whatnot. and as far as walter driving, sounds like a good idea instead of taking two vehicles. we should find out a good place from the locals to eat afterwards.

MVMX

I'm in

Wedsday works for me too, pm for cell to tighten up.

I know the north and middle loops, the good stuff is south by the water tower cork screw trail area, anyone know south of this area?

I'm at exit 100

Marty
mvmx6@yahoo.com

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
hahhah we can split all the gas and tolls and whatnot. and as far as walter driving, sounds like a good idea instead of taking two vehicles. we should find out a good place from the locals to eat afterwards.

there's a million good places to eat in downtown newark, 5 minutes from the trailhead. We usually hit up the burrito place, but if thats not your thing there is pita places, pizza, mexican, salad, diners, grills, chinese, fast food.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
me(scott), mr chainsaw(dustin), walter(surprisingly actually named walter) and jsantana(joe) are going to meet in south amboy around 6am and take one vehicle down to white clay which should basically put us down there around 8am or so. im still ironing out exact times but that is the latest. if anyone wants to meet us on the way down the turnpike at a reststop and caravan or something thatd be cool. lemme know.

Last edited:

DD-

there's a million good places to eat in downtown newark, 5 minutes from the trailhead. We usually hit up the burrito place, but if thats not your thing there is pita places, pizza, mexican, salad, diners, grills, chinese, fast food.

If you haven't been there yet - try the Deer Park Tavern (corner of Main Street and 896N). They have fantastic nachos grandes and nice cold beer on tap.

lmckee

me(scott), mr chainsaw(dustin), walter(surprisingly actually named walter) and jsantana(joe) are going to meet in south amboy around 6am and take one vehicle down to white clay which should basically put us down there around 8am or so. im still ironing out exact times but that is the latest. if anyone wants to meet us on the way down the turnpike at a reststop and caravan or something thatd be cool. lemme know.

I can do 8am. What parking lot are you guys parking at? I usually park at the possum hollow rd. lot at the middle run trailhead. I like this lot because its free (some of the others have a fee) and its in a good location. I usually leave from this lot and work my way up through white clay, then if you've still got gas in the tank when you get back to the lot there's a lot of great trail south of you in the middle run section.

Top Bottom