Whippany Cycle

Fatduke

Stopped by this place for the first time last weekend to try to find a helmet for my three-year-old girl. Of course the second we pull into the lot, she absolutely refuses to get out of the car. My wife stays with her while I go into the shop to check out their wares. The lady behind the counter was happy to help and suggested a Giro helmet that kids seemed to like. I asked her if I could take the helmet outside to see if it fit, but she did one better - she came out to the car with me, sized up my daughter, and helped adjust the helmet for a perfect fit and a happy little girl. While paying I asked her and the other guy working there a few questions about a part needed for a bike I am repairing. They didn't have it, but they took the time to talk with me about it and potential alternatives, and to see how fast they could get it in the shop if I wanted to pick it up later in the week. I noticed several good looking Fuji bikes while there that I am going to have to look into a bit further. This was a positive experience for me and my family, and I will be returning here very soon.

xc62701

Stopped by this place for the first time last weekend to try to find a helmet for my three-year-old girl. Of course the second we pull into the lot, she absolutely refuses to get out of the car. My wife stays with her while I go into the shop to check out their wares. The lady behind the counter was happy to help and suggested a Giro helmet that kids seemed to like. I asked her if I could take the helmet outside to see if it fit, but she did one better - she came out to the car with me, sized up my daughter, and helped adjust the helmet for a perfect fit and a happy little girl. While paying I asked her and the other guy working there a few questions about a part needed for a bike I am repairing. They didn't have it, but they took the time to talk with me about it and potential alternatives, and to see how fast they could get it in the shop if I wanted to pick it up later in the week. I noticed several good looking Fuji bikes while there that I am going to have to look into a bit further. This was a positive experience for me and my family, and I will be returning here very soon.
That's great to hear. I can't tell you how many times I've been driving past this shop and have never set foot in there. I've always wondered how that place is. They must be doing ok as their doors are still open.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's great to hear. I can't tell you how many times I've been driving past this shop and have never set foot in there. I've always wondered how that place is. They must be doing ok as their doors are still open.

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same thing.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I've been in there twice, since moving to Madison in 2004. Probably when we first moved out to the area. I believe I was looking for a kids rack mounted seat. They were nice and helpful, but ultimately didn't have what I was looking for. Good to hear they're still at it.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
They seem to have hit the niche of kid's bikes. They sell mountain and road bikes but not really anything mid or high end.

If I was buying a bike for a kid, that's where I'd go. I think my first bike as a kid after my tricycle came from there...

domo

very nice people, been there for as long as i remember. they seem to know what they're doing as longevity is undeniable.

Top Bottom