Which trails are rideable?

D

DANSPANK

Has anyone got any accurate reports on any trails in NJ? Today and tomorrow are supposed to stay fine and I'm thinking of doing a runner from work tomorrow lunchtime for a ride.

It would be great if some of the northern trails would be "open" as I want some hills and none of that namby-pamby southern softy sandy crap.

I haven't ridden for ages and I think a nice lung-buster that makes me chuck is in order.

J-Dro

Dan, You might consider Round Valley if the trails up north are still swampy. Hilly and drains well.

Mike679

Another vote for Round Valley. The first couple of miles out of the parking lot may be a bit sloppy, but beyond that should be good. Or you can always go in through the Cushetunk entrance.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
we are gettin a foot of water if anything is gonna be rideable not till afternoon...im guessing ive hit allaire 12hrs after a rain and it was fine but its sandy and sucky...sunday afternoon should be ok but prob notbut could be still may not be though it has a chance to be fine then again its alot of rain so take my word for it...

Shaggz

A strong 7
went for a walk on the local trails this AM. At the risk of stating the obvious, I would venture to say KVSP & MD will be a mess for the next several days.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
went for a walk on the local trails this AM. At the risk of stating the obvious, I would venture to say KVSP & MD will be a mess for the next several days.

Agreed. My MD condition indicator, my lawn, is wet and squishy.

dualfisted

Unless you're gonna drive to the Pine Barrens and ride that stuff, nothing is gonna be good all weekend. SLOPPY!

D

DANSPANK

I bunked from work at lunchtime yesterday and got 10 tough miles in at Round Valley - my legs were good, my lungs were not but that's fine for March. I got caught out in the rain on my return to the car and posted that the trails are now like poo there.

I'm out on the town tonight but if I do make it out for a ride tomorrow I'll be on the road around my north as heck Secaucus.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I checked Huber and Hartshorne on the way home from my last job today, and there was standing water on most trails and several areas where the water was running down the trail scouring down to sand. I think I have a lot of work to do this spring.......crap.

sj_john

Hitting the Pines

A group is riding the trails out of Batsto in Wharton State Forest @ 9 AM.
This group normally rides at a faster pace.
Another group is riding out of Pakim Pond in Lebanon(BB) State Forest @ 1 PM.
This group has beginners and rides at a slower pace.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
i did 6miles at allaire today...just to get used to the new clipless set up im going with...trails were good i did a loop on the higher side of the park it was fine just some water in spots but you are able to ride around it and not do any damage...:wedgie:

Shaggz

A strong 7
i was surprised that the ground was frozen solid this AM. anyway, cupcake and i are the last 2 standing in the shaggz house, so i am relegated to florence nightingale duty. i was able to get 22 road miles in when sarah took her afternoon nap. it felt like i was riding in head and crosswinds the whole time. hands, head and core were all good, but my feet were pretty fawking cold by the end. all in all, not too bad for my first non-trainer ride this year :eek:

pinkshirtphotos

rode skyline today with dennis did 2 runs then got some taco bell..... trails were wet in the stream areas but pretty nice and hardpack

BAIN

Tourne is in great shape. Some new trees down, obviously after yesterdays weather. Really diggin on the new bike. Saw some evidence of other riders.

Top Bottom