Which rides will you be doing @ JORBAfest?

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I read those ride descriptions. I feel that the advanced level ride would be more to my liking, just don't want to play hike-a-bike games. I'm riding fully rigid bike, and while I've done 22 mile rides with 10+ miles of climbing and 2.5-3.5 thousand feet of elevation gain, the time to miles equations still doesn't compute in my head. Those rides I've done in like 3 hours. Just don't want to hold up the groups, or wished I had gone with a different one or some such bidness. I'll figure it out once I get up there I guess.

I was thinking the same thing I want to try at least one intermediate ride...

Jim & Val

We were also looking at one of the intermediate rides, plus I read somewhere that there was a marked loop to ride:)

dualfisted

ahhh, the Rockies it aint, pal

I wouldn't sweat the altitude changes too much. I don't think we have anywhere in NJ that gets above 3000 ft. It's the climbing that'll do ya in, in general. We're all used to the rolling terrain around here. We never have to do sustained climbing, and that's where it'll bite us in the pooper. Anyway, I'm still thinking of doing the two intermediate rides, unless I get convinced to do the Advanced level ride. I think two Intermediates would chalk up some solid mileage and elevation change. I LIKE LONG SUSTAINED CLIMBING!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
High Point is 1803 feet above sea level. Allamuchy isn't 1803 feet, so you won't need to worry about breathing problems unless you smoke a pack of cigarettes on the drive there.

Rocks, OTOH, are rocky no matter what the elevation :)

Mr_T

Prolly gonna start with the first beginner ride.....then maybe the seconds intermediate...we will see how she goes...

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Hi. I will most likely be leading the advanced ride. While i wouldn't say that having a full squish bike is a requirement, it will make the 4 hrs and 17 miles of riding much less painfull. nobody will get dropped and the pace will be strong but not "race". i'll be on the mango yellow turner six pack if anyone has any questions on saturday. it should be a really phun time.

nelson

when did your yellow turner turn mango?

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I am going to go for the advanced ride..I have never been to either park but I want to push myself and see the best of what it has to offer. You guys won't let someone fall off the back right? RIGHT???? haha..see you all tomorrow!

group rides are "no drop"

that doesn't mean you wont get funny stare if folks are waiting 10 minutes at the next turn... i know they stare at me like that. ;)

seriously, if you ride once or twice a week and can handle techy terrain you should be ok. just talk to the ride leaders and be honest with them and yourself. there are a lot of scheduled rides, you all will fit in somewhere!

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I was thinking the same thing I want to try at least one intermediate ride...

I was thinking of doing both intermediate rides, basically just to ride easy and chit chat with people.

then i packed my truck full of skinnys and other gear.

i have no room for my bike :(

i think i'll just leave my bike at home, and demo something.

actually, after this Young's Double Chocolate Stout, I'm really thinking a beginner ride is best for me. :D

Frank

Sasquatch
Mergs isnt here, I'm enjoying a Wells Banana Bread beer

I gotta find a better beer store down here. :mad:
The best I got tonight is a Hacker-Pschorr Original Oktoberfest, which is a good beer, but is no Banana Bread or Double Chocolate Stout.:(

The Kalmyk

I gotta find a better beer store down here. :mad:
The best I got tonight is a Hacker-Pschorr Original Oktoberfest, which is a good beer, but is no Banana Bread or Double Chocolate Stout.:(

I'm pretty suprised...Monmouth County usually has everything covered

Top Bottom