Which Bike Computer?

D

DANSPANK

Hi All,

A non-epic crash whilst I was at Tourne last week broke the cradle for my bike computer so I'm translating that into an upgrade request!

I wouldn't mind one with a compass but I don't think there is one yet. So next criteria on the list would be an altimeter.

Does anyone have any units to consider or units to definitely avoid?

Wireless would be good but not essential. Cheers,

Daniel.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
DANSPANK said:
Hi All,

A non-epic crash whilst I was at Tourne last week broke the cradle for my bike computer so I'm translating that into an upgrade request!

I wouldn't mind one with a compass but I don't think there is one yet. So next criteria on the list would be an altimeter.

Does anyone have any units to consider or units to definitely avoid?

Wireless would be good but not essential. Cheers,

Daniel.

I have a Trek Insight 6i that I picked up for $30. Doesn't have any fancy features like compass or altimeter but it does the job and it's inexpensive.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
i broke every computer i ever owned off my xc bikes... i've littered the woods with bike computers... so i gave up, and no rely on others on the ride with computers to get mileage. ;)

the only bike computer i still own/use is the Topeak Panoram, which is on my road bike. i endo much less on the road bike.

NJ Jess

Rubber bands for your computer

Ya, It sounds funny, but wrapping rubberbands in a X pattern over your bike computer usually keeps it in place. I have found over 10 bike computers after races. Perhaps, clear package tape could work too! NJ Jess

D

DANSPANK

Awwww, now that means I have to keep it!

Thanks for the info though!

Top Bottom