Where to ski this weekend?

Foster57

I've come to terms that I won't be mountain biking in Northern NJ for second weekend in a row and am getting antsy. Can someone recommend a ski resort/mountain within 3 hours that doesn't get swarmed with people (admittedly doing exactly what I'm doing)?

I'm a once/twice a year skier, so quality of terrain isn't important as much as overall experience. For example, I'd be fine with Mountain Creek if it wasn't overrun with NY'ers (sorry NY'ers but it's true). I'd love to go to Gore, but that's all booked up online.

Any suggestions for a low-key mountain for this weekend within 3 hours of Sussex County?

JDurk

President's Day weekend, in my experience is the worst time to visit a ski resort. I would recommend Elk in PA, but after seeing @UtahJoe post from last weekend, I'd avoid it.

A lot of places are doing on-line ticket sales and limiting the amount of tickets sold. May have a hard time finding anything. Good luck.

Reactions: don

Zaskar

I've come to terms that I won't be mountain biking in Northern NJ for second weekend in a row and am getting antsy. Can someone recommend a ski resort/mountain within 3 hours that doesn't get swarmed with people (admittedly doing exactly what I'm doing)?

I'm a once/twice a year skier, so quality of terrain isn't important as much as overall experience. For example, I'd be fine with Mountain Creek if it wasn't overrun with NY'ers (sorry NY'ers but it's true). I'd love to go to Gore, but that's all booked up online.

Any suggestions for a low-key mountain for this weekend within 3 hours of Sussex County?
Most areas are going to be booked as its a holiday weeknd. Maybe Plattekill has tickets? Definitely laid back...

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Most areas are going to be booked as its a holiday weeknd. Maybe Plattekill has tickets? Definitely laid back...

Plattekill is sold out for the next 14 days.

Holiday weekend will be worse than normal and this season has been pretty crowded everywhere.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
its going to be busy everywhere...i mean we have snow and kids are off from school. If i had to pick, I would still pick elk....just try to get there by 8.

Im going to Bellayre, but on friday

Riding the tourne this weekend.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I've come to terms that I won't be mountain biking in Northern NJ for second weekend in a row and am getting antsy.
Heard fireroads in Ringwood and perhaps Wawayanda are rideable due to snowmobile traffic. Haven’t been myself but have seen pics from friends. Have had similar luck myself in NE PA with the snowmobile trails. Agree this weekend is the worst one on which to go skiing no matter where.

Foster57

Thanks guys! General consensus is weekend skiing is not good, multiplied by a holiday weekend and covid restrictions.

Might just give Tourne a go in the morning hours.

Top Bottom