Where to ride this weekend?

D

DANSPANK

Isn't it the Irish festival in Morristown tomorrow? An early ride then a pint anyone?

SpartaBard

mahlon should be great tomorrow morning. i just stopped there and got 100yds down the trail before i realized my pedal was about to fall off. everything should be smooth and fast with a few little patches of mud or crusty earth. there is a layer of ice, but there is a very grippy, crusty layer of snow on top of it.

i'll be heading out in a few hours for an allamuchy night ride if anyone is up for it?

tonight... brrr.

Will you be riding MD tomorrow?

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Dude its nowhere near cold!!

Check Stokes recon thread. This ride is gonna freakin rock.By next wknd it'll be Waway, Stokes or road cause Sat will be the end of mooch,KVSPand MD till we get a refreeze.............

J-Dro

Cold?

This winter I got a new appreciation for riding in the cold. Now I just do whatever it takes to find gear that keeps me warm. When we started this mornings ride, it was 19 degrees outside. So I wore my snowboard helmet. I'm sure I looked like a dork, but who cares, my ears were warm. And I wore some heavy fleece lined gloves to keep the fingers warm. If you layer up and adapt, hearing the snow crunch beneath your tires is an awesome sound.

ArmyOfNone

agree. It really does suck for the first little bit. My toes were frozen for the first good 30 min or so. once that passed i was good to go. Prime for a crashing!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

btw, i just gave everything that i did today back. i haven't been to a red lobster in like 10 years and it owned me. fawking all you can eat cheddar bay biscuits.

J-Dro

waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

btw, i just gave everything that i did today back. i haven't been to a red lobster in like 10 years and it owned me. fawking all you can eat cheddar bay biscuits.

Hey man, no weight loss plan ever works if you don't let yourself splurge once in a while. Sounds like it was worth it.

walter

Fourth Party
No rides for me this weekend. Tomorrow is my towns annual St. pattys parade and the entire town pretty much has the open door/open container/ drink in the streets policy. We are entertaining since we are 2 blocks from the parade route, a nice brunch before the parade, then food and much booze here afterwards. Sunday is pretty much rescue/recovery, and cleanup/sober up day.

Thankfully I am off on Monday and I can be back on the bike after a short hiatus

ArmyOfNone

waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

There soo good who cares! My goodness red lobster sooo good. well worth a splurge! Motivation to ride hard the next day!

NJ Jess

Yes, but,....

This winter I got a new appreciation for riding in the cold. Now I just do whatever it takes to find gear that keeps me warm. When we started this mornings ride, it was 19 degrees outside. So I wore my snowboard helmet. I'm sure I looked like a dork, but who cares, my ears were warm. And I wore some heavy fleece lined gloves to keep the fingers warm. If you layer up and adapt, hearing the snow crunch beneath your tires is an awesome sound.

Did you have your Hotronics insoles and Greyhoundjuice rub on your toes! This combo with smartwool socks is the Extreme Anti Cold Weather Treatment! I worked outside all winter and then still road after work with this stuff. The Hotronics evaporate the sweat from your feet keeping you warm and cozy and then the Greyhoundjuice creme on my toes was toasty vs the burn you get from BenG..... You office rats haven't a clue. Remember the ice storm?...we worked, it was cold,...

With the winter coming to a close,...go goggle for some sales.

J-Dro

What a great day. A early morning Sourlands ride while the ground was frozen... now sitting on my deck while its still 55 degrees drinking my last Brooklyn Dark Chocolate Stout left over from winter. Niiiiice.

And DST starts tomorrow. woo-hoo.:D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sweet, man. Sounds good. I'm not drinking for the time being so I hate you.

Top Bottom