Where to park?

Michele

I'm new to this forum and I did try searching before I came to ask. I used to go exploring/hiking back in 2001-2003 and we always just parked at the airport. I know that's not an option and I'm confused where I can safely and legally park now. The last time I was there (2009 maybe) the hill going up to the parking lots was NOT an option for driving up and the entrance had fence in anyhow. Where do people park to go hiking and biking in JH?

huffster

upload_2016-6-6_18-20-29.png

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Park where you see this:

iggm8xzhmc1lbbb70d9m.jpg

Can't miss it!

Btw, JH is considerably more difficult terrain to ride than Saddle River. I don't want to discourage you from riding there, but just keep it in mind.

Michele

Thank you thank you everyone. I should have checked the wiki first. I'll search more next time i have a question. Now I'm off to download maprika.

Michele

Park where you see this:

iggm8xzhmc1lbbb70d9m.jpg

Can't miss it!

Btw, JH is considerably more difficult terrain to ride than Saddle River. I don't want to discourage you from riding there, but just keep it in mind.

Oh yes i know it is. I don't plan on doing anything above my skill level. I plan to go up and hike and check it out before bringing my bike. Thanks!

jackx

Oh yes i know it is. I don't plan on doing anything above my skill level. I plan to go up and hike and check it out before bringing my bike. Thanks!
There is a lot of paved areas so some parts might seem ridiculously easy.

Could be good to bring your bikes to get around and then walk some of the dirt/single track trails.

Have fun!

Mr.Moto

There is a lot of paved areas so some parts might seem ridiculously easy.

Could be good to bring your bikes to get around and then walk some of the dirt/single track trails.

Have fun!

I agree. You can ride the paved road up on the other side of the fence you see in the posted picture. It's an uphill climb, but paved. It will take you to the big open parking area. Warthog is a trail that you can try which essentially goes around the perimeter of the parking lot. Ride what you can. You can find it by going right when you get to the parking area and ride along the edge of the tree line (on your right) until you find a trail entrance into the woods.

Or you can head straight when you get to the top parking area and look for the two tunnels on the left. Go through and ride some of the easier trails that crisscross that area. Explore some of the old roads that also are mixed in throughout there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions