Where to get end wedges for Pivot's Phoenix handle bar with PadLoc?

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Does anyone know where I can get a pair of these? I have the bar, I just need the ends so I can use the grips I want.
PadLoc End wedges.jpg
PadLoc bar with end.jpg

jklett

Just wondering, if you were to use regular lock ons would the cutout really matter?

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I think wtb licenses the design, you might want to try them if you haven’t already.

tonyride

OK, I actually reached out to Pivot and they're sending me a pair of the wedges gratis. The reason why I needed the wedges is because of this particular brand of grips I want to use called Revolution Suspension Grips. I didn't like the Pivot grips that came with the bike so I looked at alternatives but am limited to the ones that have a single clamp that goes on the inside, not at the tip of the handle bar where the cutout is on the Pivot's Phoenix handle bar with PadLoc. Currently have a have pair of Ergon GE1 and they're just not cutting it. My hands still get fatigued after just a few runs at Mountain Creek. I learned about Revolution Suspension Grips and I think what they have is just what I need so reached out to Revolution grips and asked if their grips will work with the Pivot handle bar since they do make a version that will fit on to Ibis bars. They said they don't and to make the suspension system work they need to have clamps on both sides of each grip. So with the wedge the outside clip will have something to clamp on to.

tonyride

Can't find the wedges but WTB has grip options as well as direct from Pivot: https://www.wtb.com/collections/padloc-grips?sort_by=price-ascending
Other option is to find lock-on grips that only lock on 1 side (inside) or cut bars narrower to eliminate padloc.
Yeah, I looked at those grips also. I really like the Pivot handle bar so I don't want to replace it. The length, rise, and sweep is just perfect for me so I don't want to mess with it.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hand fatigue for me was resolved by rotating my levers up and running the lever closest to the bar while still achieving full bite . Since adopting this method hand fatigue is a thing of the past

tonyride

Hand fatigue for me was resolved by rotating my levers up and running the lever closest to the bar while still achieving full bite . Since adopting this method hand fatigue is a thing of the past
I think the fatigue I'm getting is due to all the pounding going down the trails at Mountain Creek, not so much from the positioning of the grips or anything else in the cockpit. If that were the case then I would have the same issue while trail riding and I don't.

Top Bottom