Where the sunflowers at?

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mrs. rottin' and I saw some huge farms a few years ago somewhere off Rt 206 maybe...acres and acres of sunflowers. Would like to bring her back to one this year...willing to travel to see

Where are the cool spots to check them out?

Robin

The farms by me have been rotating crops (yay sustainable farming!) so I haven't seen any in the Sourlands area. I also haven't been riding the roads much either..

@rick81721 you notice any on the east end of Sourlands?

@ekuhn near 6-mile?

rick81721

Lothar
The farms by me have been rotating crops (yay sustainable farming!) so I haven't seen any in the Sourlands area. I also haven't been riding the roads much either..

@rick81721 you notice any on the east end of Sourlands?

@ekuhn near 6-mile?

No, nothing around that I've seen. Just finished a loop as far west as Linvale

skully

I took the family to a sunflower maze up north on 206 last year. All i remember, is it was north of the chatterbox dinner would guess if you Google "sunflower maze " in n.j. you should be able to find it .It was very cool to see and walk through the maze

Karate Monkey

Eastmont in Colts Neck usually grows sunflowers, but by the time they open for the season, most of them are ready for picking for seed.

The old Polish butcher shop on Chancellor Ave in Irvington used to have a plot out front that the old Grandma tended...she's long gone now, but the kids still grow them. Well, they did the last time I was there a few years ago. Not sure that's worth the trip unless you're looking for ethnic foods, tho (worth it for the pierogies, mind you...)

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Mrs. rottin' and I saw some huge farms a few years ago somewhere off Rt 206 maybe...acres and acres of sunflowers. Would like to bring her back to one this year...willing to travel to see

Where are the cool spots to check them out?

Donaldson's farm isn't to far from 206 if you were wondering around that area, other then that up north on 15 past sparta, there are also a farm around muchie north west side that does a whole field.

Top Bottom