Where should we go?

N

Neen

If you were planning an epic day of riding with a group of friends, which of these places would you choose? Or would you choose another?
Blue Marsh
Fair Hills
Jim Thorpe
We're looking for someplace with 2 hours of central NJ that a lot of people enjoy.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you were planning an epic day of riding with a group of friends, which of these places would you choose? Or would you choose another?
Blue Marsh
Fair Hills
Jim Thorpe
We're looking for someplace with 2 hours of central NJ that a lot of people enjoy.

Blue Mountain, Peekskill NY

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Yep.

BTW, Jim Thorpe is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over rated. Way over rated.

I've gone to Thorpe 3 times. Why? I don't know

Blue is 147.89% Better then Jim Thorpe.

I semi-agree, unless you have a local as a guide or ride illegal trails JT can be a let down. There is some amazing, rocky singeltrack there though.

Hi btw tony, good to see you on the NJ forum :D

Blue and sprain are kick ass, highly recommend all of the WMBA stewarded trails actually

rocknrollgirl

We like Blue Marsh. Granted it is not technical, but the climbs make up for it, and it is so beautiful. Especially in the fall.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Hell

Oh, I mean Blue Marsh.Jim Thorp BLOWS without a local guide to the real stuff

Eileen

Another vote for Blue. The race course is a lot of fun and there is a ton of great stuff in there :D

NJ Jess

CT is really 2 hours

I take the GWB to 9 North (hutchson hwy) to Merritt pkwy to exit 44 for Trout Brook and 49 for Trumbull. Both way awesome XC, freeride, and tastes of DH.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
is blue mt actually within 2 hrs of CENTRAL jersey??

i would recommend fair hill out of the three mentioned. it's a super fun park with more than 60 miles of incredible singletrack. worth an overnighter though, to check out middle run/white clay creek, which is ten minutes away from fair hill in delaware. similar terrain, abundant trails, more obstacles and a fun little skills section.

Nimrod

I semi-agree, unless you have a local as a guide or ride illegal trails JT can be a let down. There is some amazing, rocky singeltrack there though.

Hi btw tony, good to see you on the NJ forum :D

Blue and sprain are kick ass, highly recommend all of the WMBA stewarded trails actually

Hey ya Ken!!!!:) Glad to be here.

Baseball is winding down (thankfully) then we'll have to call an "Invasion" for your area. "Coming soon to a trail near your"

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is blue mt actually within 2 hrs of CENTRAL jersey??

i would recommend fair hill out of the three mentioned. it's a super fun park with more than 60 miles of incredible singletrack. worth an overnighter though, to check out middle run/white clay creek, which is ten minutes away from fair hill in delaware. similar terrain, abundant trails, more obstacles and a fun little skills section.

Yup. It took us 90 minutes from my house to shoot way past Blue and hit route 84. So it would have been less than 90. Neen lives about 15 minutes from me.

N

Neen

Lots of votes for Blue MARSH in there! Someone said to me that it's like Clayton, but bigger. Sounds like fun. Thanks for all the input. :)
Now it's decision time :hmmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

ytc100

Lots of votes for Blue in there! Someone said to me that it's like Clayton, but bigger. Sounds like fun. Thanks for all the input. :)
Now it's decision time :hmmm:

Are you guys talking about the same "Blue"?

Blue Marsh is in PA right?
Blue Mtn. is in NY.

Two very different places I believe.

BiknBen

Are you guys talking about the same "Blue"?

Blue Marsh is in PA right?
Blue Mtn. is in NY.

Two very different places I believe.

I'm noticing some confusion also. You guys better get your Blue right because they are two totally different places.

Gotta love when you ask for an opinion on three places and people throw in options 4, 5, and 6. :rolleyes:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Blue MARSH

Lots of votes for Blue MARSH in there! Someone said to me that it's like Clayton, but bigger. Sounds like fun.
Haven't been out there in about 10 years, but my recollection is that's a pretty apt description.

The lap we did was in the 25 mile range,though I believe it can be extended beyond that.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Gotta love when you ask for an opinion on three places and people throw in options 4, 5, and 6. :rolleyes:

This is her quote:

Some of us choose another.

Neen lives in the next town over from me & it took less than 1 1/2 hrs for me to get there (BLUE MOUNTAIN, NY).

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think that's actually 6 votes for Blue Mountain.

I think we need to rename one of the NJ parks Blue Monkey just to confuse people.

Top Bottom