Where should we go?

Tonebuckets

I have to agree with mostly everyone here. Blue Mt, NY is probably the best riding that is within reasonable driving distance. About an hour and a half from central jersey (monmouth county).

Fair Hill is a fun place, I've raced there a few times which I'm sure many of you have. The course there is one, 27 mile loop. It's good, but it's just more of the same for 27 miles. Kind of gets annoying because mile 2 is the same as mile 22. As for the rest of the place, I can't comment. But again, if you've never been there, worth checking out.

Forget Jim Thorpe. Yes, it will suck without a guide first of all. Second, if you check out any of the local websites around there, local shops and or the Bureau of Land Management, you'll see they just closed like the 2 or 3 best trails indefinitely. I think the most popular one is called American Standard.

Blue Marsh I've never been to, so I won't comment.

Anyway, hope that helped.

N

Neen

No Blue Monkey! I worked for a company called Blue Ridge. They restructed and named the new company Bluestone. I've had enough of Blue's to say the least! :p
I've got lots of good info here to work with now. Thanks kids ;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How 'bout Blueskyline Drive? :D

No no, it has to have the initials BM. Keep your mind out of the gutter Rey.

No Blue Monkey! I worked for a company called Blue Ridge. They restructed and named the new company Bluestone. I've had enough of Blue's to say the least! :p
I've got lots of good info here to work with now. Thanks kids ;)

No worries, this thread will now either self-destruct or spiral out of control and off topic, which is fine since you've signed off that you're done with it :D

C.Puncher

Fair Hill, Mayland is 1hr 15 min from central Jersey. Really fun, some log stunts and lots of single track solely for mtb. use. The food and brew in town is excellent as well and very close to the trail. You wont have to go hungry lokking for a place to eat.

N

Neen

I think for this particular trip we've decided on Blue MARSH due to the locations of the people involved, but I do want to eventually get to Blue MTN and Fair Hills as well. Then I am boycotting all things BLUE :D

NickDavid

There's only one place you can go for an epic trip.

Mexico.

Do it and you'll never regret it. Only one shot at life.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I think that's actually 6 votes for Blue Mountain.

I think we need to rename one of the NJ parks Blue Monkey just to confuse people.

I can probably get a trail named Blue Monkey if you'd like :) Definitely goes along with the safari theme.

allow me to break the rules of the original question with 2 choice answer

- Blue Mountain, NY if you like tech and you want to bleed a little here and there. Totally kick ass place to ride.

- Fair Hill, MD if you like fast and flowy less technical rides.

Jim Thorpe is cool but the best stuff is closed or its very hard to find if you don't know the area. You could get lost for days back there.

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Hey ya Ken!!!!:) Glad to be here.

Baseball is winding down (thankfully) then we'll have to call an "Invasion" for your area. "Coming soon to a trail near your"

Just say the word, would love to meet you guys in NJ. I'll be on the island sometime in late oct/early nov for bass season too, will hit the other board to set up some eastern empire rides =)

Nimrod

Just say the word, would love to meet you guys in NJ. I'll be on the island sometime in late oct/early nov for bass season too, will hit the other board to set up some eastern empire rides =)

Sunday mornings work for you?

Top Bottom