Where is Boulderdash?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Going to try Jungle tomorrow. Haven't been in a while. I know the trails on this map...but don't see Boulderdash on it. Found a few posts saying people ride it as an alternative to Fish but haven't found a map showing where it is. If you could let me know where on this map, that'd be great.

http://www.mtbnj.com/w/images/b/b2/JH_3.png

Thanks

JerseyPete

If you take Rhino up to the top, is it in that direction? I was up there today early and hit some unmarked trails that were all rock face.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
The all rock face trail sounds like Baboon. As Jeff said, Boulderdash entrance is right across from Dump Truck hill.

Dirt Dawg

Take lower chute to paved road. Go left. Enter Hippo on your right in maybe 100 feet or so. Once on Hippo, not too far in you will see two (what I call hiker ribbons) tied to a tree. The trail is not marked but that is it.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Thanks guys. I headed to Dump Truck as Jeff suggested. Didn't see it initially, but "phoned a friend" (Zoller) and he directed me to the precise spot. Lots of leaves down so the entrance is hard to find. Nice section of trail. Love the skinny in the middle. Jungle was great today, bone dry.

After Boulderdash I headed up Hippo to Fish. Halfway up I stopped for a break and heard the rumble of some MASSIVE prop engines. I looked up and saw a WW2 bomber taking off from GL airport. What an impressive beast. Hard to imagine hundreds of them in skies over Europe 70 years ago.

JerseyPete

Take lower chute to paved road. Go left. Enter Hippo on your right in maybe 100 feet or so. Once on Hippo, not too far in you will see two (what I call hiker ribbons) tied to a tree. The trail is not marked but that is it.

Thanks, I saw the ribbons and also saw a silver hippo tacked to a tree on the trail. Nice touch.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Going to try Jungle tomorrow. Haven't been in a while. I know the trails on this map...but don't see Boulderdash on it. Found a few posts saying people ride it as an alternative to Fish but haven't found a map showing where it is. If you could let me know where on this map, that'd be great.

http://www.mtbnj.com/w/images/b/b2/JH_3.png

Thanks

I haven't put boulderdash on it yet. We still have some more trails to add and I'm looking to do it in one shot.

Ride Boon downhill, ride the road or the quad trail down to Dump Truck Hill, as you come out of Dump Truck back onto the road look directly across and you'll see a woods road, just to the right is the entrance to Boulderdash. It eventually ends on hippo, just above the exit onto the road.

Boulderdash still needs some work, so it's a bit rough in some sections. Join us for our next trail build 11/23 at 10 for the lowdown on all the new stuff we have planned.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions