What nuance of red should have @Pearl paint his 2014 EM SS to get $1500 for it? Let’s debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

serviceguy

I can sell you my SS large with a custom paint job for $1000
I already have a better version of your bike...I’ll pass! :p
Also, I don’t buy custom painted bikes in order to avoid nasty surprises, I learned my lesson buying used cars...

serviceguy

I 'may' have found a 'rare' dark blue 2015 El Mar in Florida...that would require some major disguising skills on my side to pull it off with the wife...I was thinking something along the lines of 'I need one of each color they made because I am a collector.' type of thing...any suggestion? So far the dude did not even reply so let's hope for the best and it stays that way...

serviceguy

Found it! Oh wait, there’s a catch...it may not be real. What? Facebook group member asking how much he should ask for his bike, 2016 red el mar in red. A few post, someone says keep it, bla bla bla... turns out he’s in Croatia. Meh, shipping is going to kill this deal, so I put it out there that I maybe able to receive it in Italy. Guy comes back at me with $50 to ship to the US and $30 to ship to Italy...can I have 3 shipped to the US...well, when a deal is too good to be true...I looked up the guy, not a post, a friend, a single info on his FB account other than he lives in Croatia. He wants to use PayPal for goods with the fees and buyer protection, which I wouldn’t expect if he is a scammer. I verified PP policies and I don’t see anything that indicates I wouldn’t get my money back if I do not get the bike. Is there something I am missing? Is Croatia somehow not covered by PP buyer protection? Any idea?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Is there something I am missing?

ignoring your gut feeling?

i dunno - seems questionable. I'm all positive about world economy, and croatia is a beautiful place,
but he needs a world market for a bike frame?

serviceguy

ignoring your gut feeling?

i dunno - seems questionable. I'm all positive about world economy, and croatia is a beautiful place,
but he needs a world market for a bike frame?
Apparently me...I've been after that specific frame for a while now (see thread title) so obviously I tend to ignore all of the warning flags. Waiting on pictures...

jklett

Found it! Oh wait, there’s a catch...it may not be real. What? Facebook group member asking how much he should ask for his bike, 2016 red el mar in red. A few post, someone says keep it, bla bla bla... turns out he’s in Croatia. Meh, shipping is going to kill this deal, so I put it out there that I maybe able to receive it in Italy. Guy comes back at me with $50 to ship to the US and $30 to ship to Italy...can I have 3 shipped to the US...well, when a deal is too good to be true...I looked up the guy, not a post, a friend, a single info on his FB account other than he lives in Croatia. He wants to use PayPal for goods with the fees and buyer protection, which I wouldn’t expect if he is a scammer. I verified PP policies and I don’t see anything that indicates I wouldn’t get my money back if I do not get the bike. Is there something I am missing? Is Croatia somehow not covered by PP buyer protection? Any idea?
bridge for sale.jpg

ekuhn

Getting trolled....

It’s probably being stored at an eBay warehouse in Croatia.

grilledcheeseking

There's only one way to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom