What nuance of red should have @Pearl paint his 2014 EM SS to get $1500 for it? Let’s debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tan sidewalls is like running whitewalls on your modern car.
how do you feel about leather saddles?
IMG_20190920_175602844.jpg

how do you feel about leather saddles?
View attachment 131383

I kinda threw up in mouth a little with this picture. White bike, tan walls, leather saddle that's not on a touring bike. :)

But really, we should be best friends. We ride the same bike with the same cranks and use the same bike rack. Except I just got angry at the rusted washers on the rack under the front wheel and replaced them.

When you see me with my green El Mariachi on my Kuat Rack, I'll have some stainless steel washers for you.

I kinda threw up in mouth a little with this picture. White bike, tan walls, leather saddle that's not on a touring bike. :)

But really, we should be best friends. We ride the same bike with the same cranks and use the same bike rack. Except I just got angry at the rusted washers on the rack under the front wheel and replaced them.

When you see me with my green El Mariachi on my Kuat Rack, I'll have some stainless steel washers for you.
Hahaha! Neither the saddle nor the tires are on the bike anymore.

Good stuff all around. Yea the washers bug me a little, but I guess there are other things that bug me more!

Something is moving, a few 2015 El Mar in size large and geared are popping out both on PB and ebay, but they're either the wrong color or too pricey. Salsa trader not so much. I'm harboring some hope.

I remember the el mar in orange.

nicest looking bike. I was drooling over that bike l. But at the time had two perfectly functioning mtbs and just couldn’t justify buying a new bike cause it was pretty
C9102E56-5345-44E2-87AE-06E530A2D3A2.jpeg

FWIW also always wanted a sawyer. Those were dope

Last edited:
I'm actually in touch with someone selling a ruby red 2016 large El Mar...in England! I refuse to believe there isn't one to be grabbed in the US but if that's what it takes...logistics are nightmarish though and the price is too high...seems like a complete bike can be had for no less than $1200, with the highest price I've seen so far in the $1800.

I am still on the hunt for one of these

What size? I think I've seen a couple of medium orange one for sale (Pinkbike maybe).

So, the search for the 2016 El Mar has turned out in an epic fail.

Now, I haven't been on any of my bikes in 3 weeks, so I think it's time to build another bike to rekindle the flame...I'm leaning toward a Timberjack. I've been salivating over the Vassago Radimus, but I just can't spend that type of money.

I can only find the frame used at the price of the new one though, is the bike out of production or it's just the usual Covid induced shortage of frames?

Are frames coming back to stores anytime soon? I'm not in a hurry, not at all.

The Timberjack seems to have basically the same geometry, weigh much less, have the newer alternators. So I'm not sure of the downside.

Pretty sure it has a bigger seat tube so you can more easily run a dropper also. Less options for doppers on the El Mariachi as it's 27.2mm

The Timberjack seems to have basically the same geometry, weigh much less, have the newer alternators. So I'm not sure of the downside.

Pretty sure it has a bigger seat tube so you can more easily run a dropper also. Less options for doppers on the El Mariachi as it's 27.2mm

Ironically, I already have the correct dropper post for the el mar, just missing a frame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom