• Jungle Habitat

• Mahlon

• Perrineville Lake Park

• Seaview Trails

• Maurice River Bluffs Preserve

• Mount Rose Preserve

• Ringwood

• Camden County College (CCC)

• Rowan College of SJ (formerly RCGC and GCC)

• Water CO (Lambertville)

• Dickerson mine

• Cheesequake State Park

• Voorhees State Park

• Assunpink Wildlife Management Area

• Estell Manor Park

• Frenchtown Preserve

• Turkey Swamp Park

• Tourne

• Ramapo

• BELLEPLAIN

• Veterans Park skatepark - Bayville NJ

• Colliers Mills

• Bass River

• Brendan Byrne

• West Essex Trail system

• Edith Stevens

• Hedden

• Alpine Boy Scout Trails

Results are only viewable after voting.

robcleary

10 for me, plus 2 for out of state (Wiss and White Clay/Middle Run). Gotta check out some more North Jersey stuff next year and check off a few central Jersey staples outside of Clayton and 6MR. Anything to escape the sandy monotony of south jersey lol.

SAM

I rode Hedden as an extension of a ride at Dickerson. Yes, there are maybe a couple miles of rideable trails there but the rest was a complete unrideable walk-a-bike disaster, at least for me. I could check off that I rode there, but feel it really doesn't count and don't want to give the impression it's a worthwhile destination.

MarioGed

well im thinking this survey is suffering from a participation bias of sorts...I mean I LOVE wildcat but I have a hard time believing its more popular that the Tourne or Dickerson
Absolutely. I've ridden Dickerson several times more than Wildcat this year and yet they each get one check from me.

stilluf

I rode Hedden as an extension of a ride at Dickerson. Yes, there are maybe a couple miles of rideable trails there but the rest was a complete unrideable walk-a-bike disaster, at least for me. I could check off that I rode there, but feel it really doesn't count and don't want to give the impression it's a worthwhile destination.
thanks for this. Since i Started rising Dick Mine in 2020 I've wondered if Hedden was worth it. From the map, looks like it could even connect via the school and the power lines. Too bad the trails stink.

Reactions: SAM

Andypowerful

My only suggestion for a 2023. If possible when you click "change your vote", it can keep what you already have selected so you can just add places and not redo the whole list.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
My only suggestion for a 2023. If possible when you click "change your vote", it can keep what you already have selected so you can just add places and not redo the whole list.

The voting mechanism is built into the forum - I'll suggest that to the them.
Seems like it should bring up the old votes, and have a 'clear all' button'.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Should we have generic:

"Drove NY/PA/DE" - (it wasn't part of a multi-state ride)
"I rode while on vacation"
"I took a MTB centric vacation"

Reactions: Tim

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Drop anything under 10 votes.

But this will be frustrating for users if you can't add, and have to start from scratch every time.

qclabrat

great poll J! any chance you can add the local edison woods? Edith Stevens!!!

there are more than a few folks on this forum who've ridden there!

Hey Joe, where should I park to stroll around Edith? Seems Oak Tree road is the only option? Or drop in from the tracks near Tingly?

pygmypony

Hey Joe, where should I park to stroll around Edith? Seems Oak Tree road is the only option? Or drop in from the tracks near Tingly?
hey walter! you can park at the end of either Petti Lane or Hayduk off of Woodland Ave.

if you hit me up directly i'd love to give you a personalized tour!

on weekends you can also park at either John Adams Middle School on New Dover Road or Polansky Park on Grove Ave.

here's one of my more recent strava rides where i did most of the local woods

kaitlyn

21, not bad.... 4 or 5 more that arent on the list that I can think of....some that probably shouldnt be :) @jdog you could also add watnong park in morris plains nj....aka mountain way park...its a legit spot now. Oh and Liffy island in jefferson.
if Hedden is on this list than watanong should be.
Ok this is a year later, but I found this thread because I was searching for Watanong on trailforks and it seems to be gone.

Top Bottom