where did the rocks go?

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm riding up puke hill today and actually asking myself, "why did I used to think this was so hard"?? Then it occurred to me how 'smooth' it was. I think someone went a handpicked all the 'looser' rocks off of puke hill. So I started to pay closer attention. About 5.5 miles into the park, (the point at which the Exterra race cuts to the fire road) to the right of the rock garden there is a big pile of rocks, so someone went and de-rocked that rock garden too. What, are they making the Exterra course more 'roadie' friendly? The big drainage gaps on the fireroads have been smoothed out, but they do that every year. This rock removal is new:hmmm::hmmm:

Interesting. If we don't get rain in the morning I will be up there riding. Last time I was there it was still rocky, couple of weeks ago.

Sounds par for the course. A few yrs ago they removed all the logs across the trail before the race. Then they wonder why people hate races being held at their local trails. Fawkers. :mad: To bad I don't have the time to go put them all back or do I?:hmmm:

Unfortunately this is more of a reflection of the park than anything. That they allow it, or are so oblivious not to notice, is a problem.

Wow, this I have to see. I was there last Tuesday and it was as rocky as ever. Sometimes I wish I could make the rocks disappear, but that would take away the challenge.

I still plenty of rocks. It must just be your getting in better shape. It has looked like that all year. Still kills me. :puke:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions