When leaving school parking lot...

qsilvr99

which way do you normally go?

A: To the right and up the mountain
B: To the left towards Lot C

First time parking here and picked up the trail where I rode through late last year with Cyclopath and a few others at one of the Sunday morning beginners ride. Took option A this time around but it sure would seem more fun coming down this trail than going up it!

I'm figuring most will since it gets you up to the fun parts quickly.

Did find that the faster I went coming back from Lot C to school, the easier it was going over the rock gardens. Even though my common sense said go slow, I eventually just said what the hey and let the suspension do it's thing:)

I go in both directions depends on the loop I have planned.
But if you go towards lot C you got an flat warm up rather then straight up climbing.
If u want to hit 6 bridges quick, then best option is A

Three options:

a.) sharp left and hit the trail that follows the fenceline. My friends and myself call it "Schoolhouse". Make a right when you get spit out on the pavement and then another right staying on the right fireroad at the "vee".

b.) left taking the fireroad once you get to the corner of the fence. This will take you slightly downhill at first; then make right at the wider fireroad.

c.) Or, just head straight up the trail when you arrive at the corner of the fence. After about 1/4 mile the trail will split; go left. Although it doesn't seem very steep at first, it's challenging.

When you get to the terminus of that trail, look about 50 feet to both your left or right where you'll see some narrow singletrack heading uphill. Take either (left or right trail) and this will take you to a scenic lookout overseeing Cupsaw Lake etc. Look directly behind you and you'll espy some sweet narrow singletrack (primo stuff!). I believe this is "offically" the Double S trail (although it really depends on who you're riding with).

Take this very rocky but short trail to its' end and head downhill about 150 yds. and on the left, you'll see Bridges.

After you complete Bridges, take the steep fireroad, this time uphill, make a right and get on Renegade...I could go on, but you get the idea...

Thanks for the detailed layout. I know RW has some great singletrack but I haven't really rode it in 8 years and just now trying to find everything again.

I did find the begining or middle, I guess depends on which way you are going, of the race course. It is just passed the stone gate with old house on right and shed on left, correct?

Trying to find the best way to string it all together.

sp wher eon that map would the school be. I have only ever parked in lot C. But as i am cheap, am thinking about finding the school.

Thanks Ben. I meant where on the map do you enter the trail system. the end of your red path on the map, what trail does that intersect ya know.,

I believe you get in on the intersection of Red and Black Bear Trail on the official map.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions