When do they start to buy the dip?

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Eh I buy the usual retreat to a bear market and then bull again, but not this end-of-the-world crap. If you really believe it, why bother investing? It'll be pointless. You should be building a bunker in Montana

If you time it right, there should be some sort of peak at which you can actually spend the money you have before the apocalypse.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you time it right, there should be some sort of peak at which you can actually spend the money you have before the apocalypse.

too bad they dont tend to have basements in florida with the low water table so he has no place to hoard his food, ammo and fuel. . .

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Advantage to flat terrain - I could lay on the roof with the scoped 270 and pick off zombies from 500 yds

didnt mythbusters do that one, they will still overwhelm you because they are so massive in numbers that the time it takes you to line up a shot and cycle the bolt is too great?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Oops. Wrong ford.

i had one of them with a v6 and dual exhaust. it was still a dog.
sold it to my cousin - he rattle canned the bottom half glitter gold. either he ran out of $$ for paint, or wanted a look.
never asked!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Eh I buy the usual retreat to a bear market and then bull again, but not this end-of-the-world crap. If you really believe it, why bother investing? It'll be pointless. You should be building a bunker in Montana
I don’t think I said end of the world? But I do believe a total collapse of a currencies and financial systems can happen. Look at what happened in 08/09 before the fed stepped in. Investors were jumping out of skyscrapers. I

Patrick

Staff member
I don’t think I said end of the world? But I do believe a total collapse of a currencies and financial systems can happen. Look at what happened in 08/09 before the fed stepped in. Investors were jumping out of skyscrapers. I

that was built on the mortgage scam, just like the one before was built on the MCI scam.
What are we looking at now? if we can figure it out.....

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
that was built on the mortgage scam, just like the one before was built on the MCI scam.

I was a newbie auditing banks during that time. I got a call from one of my clients. When he said “the sweep funds didn’t come back last night, what do we do?” I figured something big was going on. @mntal and I have some banking horror stories (more like Evil Dead 2, horror but funny horror) from that time. Better told over a beer.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

That's why it's a Black Swan event?

Really what I see is credit expansion with the inevitable contraction. Which I guess is what every other boom/bust is created out of anyway. Savings & Loans, money pumped into dot.coms with no possible return on that investment, housing bubble with no real substance and the crazy finances that went into it blowing up, etc.

Interest rates have been so low that debt payments are going to be overwhelming, especially if the economy goes through a recession. Stagflation is a definite possibility.

Maybe this-time-really-is-different because all the debt is just student loan debt and you can't use bankruptcy to get out of it. :)

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
That's why it's a Black Swan event?

Really what I see is credit expansion with the inevitable contraction. Which I guess is what every other boom/bust is created out of anyway. Savings & Loans, money pumped into dot.coms with no possible return on that investment, housing bubble with no real substance and the crazy finances that went into it blowing up, etc.

Interest rates have been so low that debt payments are going to be overwhelming, especially if the economy goes through a recession. Stagflation is a definite possibility.

Maybe this-time-really-is-different because all the debt is just student loan debt and you can't use bankruptcy to get out of it. :)
Short the bonds, short the midcaps, short the energing markets, short everything! I shorted NFLX, CNX and KSS today.

Patrick

Staff member
Inflation scam.

so did appl just lead the pack with their forecast? was their brutal honesty, instead of finding ways to cook
the numbers, a sign of other companies reporting reality? Or are they starting to suffer from the its-old-and-boring.

i see the next election as a no-lose situation, unless bernie. I like him, and specific points, but his shift-the-burden
hidden solution worries me (my opinion)

Patrick

Staff member
Short the bonds, short the midcaps, short the energing markets, short everything! I shorted NFLX, CNX and KSS today.

you predicted a drop off tomorrow, good luck!
(and you put your $$$ behind it. even better)

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
you predicted a drop off tomorrow, good luck!
(and you put your $$$ behind it. even better)
No I did not. I think we will hit 2600 perhaps 2660 on a good run. Although I think it can very well happen tomorrow. Individual stocks move differently so entry points are different. I have a list of 80 or so I haven’t dabbled with yet.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I don't think you really mean "total collapse".

Top Bottom