Wheel Rim Question for a Wheel Build

Molasses

Hi All! One of the winter projects I have been thinking about is getting my King Hubs overhauled and built up as a 27.5 wheelset. I am an XC rider- I like rocky terrain like Mahlon but find most of my riding in the central nj area such as Harts, Chimney, 6 Mile. My bike frame could handle tires up to 3.0 27.5's (albeit some tires may get pretty tight) and I run a fork that is cleared up to tires 2.5. I doubt I will go 27.5+ and will stick to 2.3-2.5 wide tires. My current rims I am looking at include STANs Flow EX and WTB Asym. Both seem to be 29mm external rim width and I assume both are ~25mm internal rim width. I am thinking this ~25mm internal rim width will work well for the 2.25/2.3/2.5 width tires. Am I correct with this assumption? Additionally I am leaning towards the WTB rims because they are compatible with WTB tires and there seems to be issues with WTB tires and their compatability Stans Flows. Any experience out there to support or challenge this assumption? I am concerned the WTB rims may pose issues with on trail flats- that any and all tires may me incredible difficult to seat a tire trail side…

I know I said a mouthful but if anyone has opinions that would be useful to consider would be greatly appreciated.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Strong, wide, light (for the size) and not ridiculously expensive....

And we rode together last year at the MTBNJ ride in Mahlon so it's not a blind suggestion.

Top Bottom