Wheel question-sacrifice built wheel for parts?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd like a nicer rear hub with more engagement for my 27.5 bike. I have a set of 29er Stan's Arches with 3.30 hubs sitting around. I was thinking about breaking down the rear wheel and relacing the hub to a new rim. Depending on the rim it might cost me $100 or so with spokes and such. Dunno if it's worth breaking down a good wheel or shop around for something built.
Thanks.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd like a nicer rear hub with more engagement for my 27.5 bike. I have a set of 29er Stan's Arches with 3.30 hubs sitting around. I was thinking about breaking down the rear wheel and relacing the hub to a new rim. Depending on the rim it might cost me $100 or so with spokes and such. Dunno if it's worth breaking down a good wheel or shop around for something built.
Thanks.
What specs , rim , hub ? I have a dtswiss 350 hub with 142x12 6 bolt 52t ratchet upgrade ,xd driver ,new baught as a spare . Also have bunch of rims laying around lmk

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Thanks.
I say if you have the time, build it. Sell the arches and recoup some of the outlay.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
PM's sent. Wheel build is always something I wanted to try and a buddy has a spoke meter to borrow so I think I can pull it off. Maybe I can do a all mtbnj sell swap thing. Thx for the inputs!

Probably going to skip the flambé tho

Top Bottom