wheel moves sideways when braking

jerzey111

hey guys i have 05 jamis dakar xc expert with fox frl fork, i noticed that whenever i brake my front wheel moves to the left (brake side). Any suggestions what could be causing this??

Thanks

make sure ur quick release is tight and centered on the fork mounts... if that doesnt work make sure the hub is ok... what kind of hub is it?

i would take it to a shop and have it looked over, gotta be something with the hub, maybe busted bearing, that can certainly skew the wheel, aside from that unless your quick release is loose nothing should make the wheel bend while breaking. i wouldn't ride that thing until got the hub inspected. try bending the wheel manually or tugging on it while in the fork and see if there is any play in the hub without using the brake

Yeah... definitely do not ride it until you can figure out what's wrong and make sure its safe. Assuming its the wheel that's moving, there are only a couple things that it could be... QR, Hub, detensioned spokes. All of these things could easily give you a mouthful of dirt, or likely worse, on your next ride.

It could potentially be an issue with the fork as well.

Take it to a shop for sure.

i took my 5 day old bike to the shop today to see about a creeking sound in my fork i figured it needed some lube and i wanted the guys to show me how to clean the head set and all, well good thing i went it, turns out when i was mounting my computer to the headset cap i didn't tighten it back up, how my handle bar stayed on during yesterdays two+ hour ride at L+M the mechanic was amazed as he grabbed the wheel with his knees and spun the handle bars half way around with his hands... I guess i am lucky that while going down one of the hills my handle bar didn't go to the right while my wheel went to the left, and i went right over the bars!!! Moral of story, not sure what's up, go have it checked out 4 sure!

Back
Top Bottom