What's your favorite saddle?

TommyF

I'm looking for a little more comfort especially in the taint area, sit bones are around 145mm.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a loaded gun and personal.
But since @stb222 sent me a fizik aliante I haven't found a better saddle since. I have been through so many different models its almost a crime. I still haven't tried a sq lab which I run there bars and grips so I may spend the dough for a try.

ebarker9

SMP works pretty well for me. Demoed a bunch and the Composit seemed to be the best fit. But there's still a lot of room for improvement. I am very curious about the, super expensive, Specialized Mirror one based on the reviews I've read but not sure if anyone is demoing those or even has one available for sale.

serviceguy

This is a loaded gun and personal.
But since @stb222 sent me a fizik aliante I haven't found a better saddle since. I have been through so many different models its almost a crime. I still haven't tried a sq lab which I run there bars and grips so I may spend the dough for a try.
Definitely a personal thing, difficult to advise. I never tried the Aliante but my Fizik Monte didn't cut it while it worked obviously well for you.

I use Ergon saddles on all my bikes now, had great comfort with the old SMC4 and SM43 but the SM has been the best so far.

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

SMP works pretty well for me. Demoed a bunch and the Composit seemed to be the best fit. But there's still a lot of room for improvement. I am very curious about the, super expensive, Specialized Mirror one based on the reviews I've read but not sure if anyone is demoing those or even has one available for sale.
yikes!
Capture.JPG

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm looking for a little more comfort especially in the taint area, sit bones are around 145mm.
I'm an sq labs fanboy and just recently swapped a 140 to an 130 so have a 140 to sell but would be willing to loan and see if it works for you . Def takes a few rides because the shape is different but definitely relieves Gooch taint area pressure 🤣

TommyF

I'm an sq labs fanboy and just recently swapped a 140 to an 130 so have a 140 to sell but would be willing to loan and see if it works for you . Def takes a few rides because the shape is different but definitely relieves Gooch taint area pressure 🤣
Definitely interested in giving that a trial run.

Bikeworks

Road, the Specialized S-Works Power has been a revelation for me. Plenty of people use them on trail, so no biggie there. They are flat profile saddles, with a short nose. The SW version has minimal padding, which is great for the road, but maybe a step down in model for extra padding and a bit more weight is the better choice for trail.

On the MTB, I have a SDG Bel Air V3 Fuel Luxe and a DMR OiOi (which I think is made by SDG). Both are on the narrow side, and if I am being honest, were picked more for aesthetics than comfort. Both are flattish, which I prefer, and maybe a bit long on the nose, but they are fine for the times I am pedaling in the saddle.

Big Al

You'll get a different answer for each person you ask but of all the saddles I have, I like the WTB Volt. I go with a narrow.

jdgang

Specialized Phenom Comp . been riding this on both mtb road and gravel for over 10 years . I tried the brook C17 and did not like it.

Cassinonorth

Been riding the Specialized Powerarc Expert 155 for a few years on road and it's been fantastic. I got them wide sit bones.

Johnny Utah

Chromag Trailmaster in Leather was my jam for years. Great MTB saddle. I think I had 10k on one and sold it with a bike. I wish I had that saddle back as it had ti rails and all the new ones are cro-mo.

rosceaux

The SQ labs also cured my taint issues. Even when riding with the saddle perfectly level and not nosed-down. That being said, my ass is still fired up after an hour or so. What are you trying to accomplish with the 130 vs. the 140? I measured a 130, but everything I read recommended going up a size. Please let me know how it works out for you.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The SQ labs also cured my taint issues. Even when riding with the saddle perfectly level and not nosed-down. That being said, my ass is still fired up after an hour or so. What are you trying to accomplish with the 130 vs. the 140? I measured a 130, but everything I read recommended going up a size. Please let me know how it works out for you.
Because it fits me more comfortably. I also ride with my seat slammed more than extended so smaller the better

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I got a properly sized SQ Labs saddle and it is great. Helped me survive a century ride.

Top Bottom