What's your favorite Ride?

What's your favorite ride?

• Total voters
from my little experience....

I haven't done too much exploring in the North East here. So, I'm gonna throw a little swerve in this thread and say............
Bear Creek Loop outside of Elijay, Ga. Start with a 4.5 mile fire road climb, then bomb down five miles of rolling singletrack complete with three gnarley switchbacks, roots, small rocks, creek crossings and water bar humps. When u get to the bottom, u loop around and back up similar features, with a smidge of granny gear thrown in, then when u get back to the top, u bomb the fire road u came in on going back. It's around 20 miles total, really fun, really rideable and I've hit 40 mph on the road back down which is scary. Soooooo fun, and beautiful with a poplar tree that measures over 14 feet around just off the side of the trail. Moab it aint, but fun, it is!!!

i like sourlands because i like to pretend i'm on a mountain dew commercial.
i like six mile because its sexy.

My favorite varies like others have said. It always seems to be the one I'm at that day. Sourlands, 6 mile, the Mooch, etc. etc. They are all awesome.

Only from what I've ridden... Not one really better than the other. Just enjoy the best of every place. BUT if I had to rank them here it is.

1) Stevens (a little of everything: flowy,climbing, rocks)
2) Six Mile (bermalicious)
3) The Rock (great training grounds but a bitch to get used to)
4) Sourlands (love doing up and down laps here. I like the downhill)
5) Deer Park (nothing too great here for the travel)
6) Mercery County Park (pretty decent if I got that particular itch and good in winter too)
7) Woods Hollow (I wouldn't really ride here unless if it was my backyard but the race was fun)

Yea... I don't really like traveling far but this is the first year so hopefully my list will get longer. Definately Allaire and Hartshorne will be on there soon. Diablo should be on here somewhere but different type of riding.

Manny (got an itch from riding your mom) Fresh

1.) Blue Mtn. (NY) - difficult, spots are techy, yet with enough speed and confidence everything here is 'do-able'.
2.) Wawayanda - old favorite haunt and with the recent additions of Sitting Bear, Rattlesnake etal. right near the top.
3.) Trumbull (CT) - if you like riding xc on solid rock or FR this is this place. Filled with ledges from 3' to 30'.
4.) Jungle Habitat - one of the best already and can only get better; all it needs are more trails.
5.) Ringwood - another old fav. Great place to ride.
6.) Stewart SF (NY) - fast and flowy. I like a place where I can ride all day and never hit the same trail twice.
7.) Skyline/Ramapo - rugged; best trails are across the road.
8.) Sprain Ridge (NY) - this park's got everything but in a small dose.
9.) Chimney Rock - a few years ago when everything was narrow singletrack this was in my top five.
10.) Graham Hills (NY) - another small Westchester park. Small, but fun.

Honorable Mention (not enough visits; need to go back)
Ninham (NY), 909, Stevens, Stillwell Woods (NY)

Dude, I'm pretty sure some of the guys hitting up your mom are packin 29ers or even 26x2.5s. I'd feel so inadequate with my 26x2.1. And anyone who's seen me ride can tell you I can't compensate with technique...

Seriously, though. Why isn't Allaire on your list? I've been to Sourlands, Six Mile and Chimney Rock. Six Mile is my favorite of the three, even though I fell in the river.

I don't appreciate your ruse, Ma'am.

I beg your pardon?

Your ruse, your cunning attempt to trick me.

Just wanted to let everyone know who the sick F'ers are around here. ;););)

attachment.php

BTW, my favorite ride is my bike. :D:D:D

Attachments

• votes.JPG
    votes.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 147
Of course you can, Spence

That way you can be honest about my mom and vote for a trail, too.

In the file under flagrant abuse of power heading, how about those Goderators changing my poll choices so they can pick the place they want even if it wasn't a choice originally....Norm, Shaggz, I'm looking in your direction :hmmm: ;););)

Last edited:
As I said before, I love Blue, and mostly because of the trail flow and use of rock features, and it is special because I have to take a trip to get there.

Now that Mahlon is up there, I love that place too. Beautiful ferns, nice assortment of rocks and fun trails.

I love Ringwood, but I ride there 2-4 times a week all year long. The trails are challenging, and it is a beautiful place. It is part of my soul, and a portal to much of my life. I don't think I can compare it to any other place.

In the file under flagrant abuse of power heading, how about those Goderators changing my poll choices so they can pick the place they want even if it wasn't a choice originally....Norm, Shaggz, I'm looking in your direction :hmmm: ;););)

Interesting thing - shortly after I make the above post, votes for my mom jump to 14,002 - although no additional voters are logged. Granted, she was in a horse race with ringwood, but this is an unexpected turn. I am calling shenanigans. :p

Back
Top Bottom