What's your favorite knife (EDC)?

JonF

Not an EDC for me, rather a ERH (Every Room in House) knife. The Milwaukee Fastbacks are the best utility knife mainly for the fast open/close action. There's no assist, just a push button lock and a very free swinging hinge: a quick flick opens or closes it in an instant. There's at least 6 stashed everywhere around the house here and one in every toolbag. Most common use is opening, then breaking down the endless parade of shipping boxes. Biggest accomplishment was getting to wife to use it instead of a steak knife. :D

48-22-1902_A.jpg
48-22-1902_b.jpg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have the husky branded variant of this knife spread all over the house for the same uses, still cant get the wife away from using the scissors slipped all the way open when shes in the kitchen tho :mad:

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Too fast. Thought this would drag out through the winter.
Right? This was fun.
I like the green. I wanted green with a black tanto blade but got this.

The little Gerber was my everyday until I discovered clips. I did use it more since it was only 15 bucks or so. So there’s something to be said for cheap ish

A8AF3C04-35FC-4A9A-B25D-27CD444BFD1D.jpeg

Karate Monkey

Not an EDC for me, rather a ERH (Every Room in House) knife. The Milwaukee Fastbacks are the best utility knife mainly for the fast open/close action. There's no assist, just a push button lock and a very free swinging hinge: a quick flick opens or closes it in an instant. There's at least 6 stashed everywhere around the house here and one in every toolbag. Most common use is opening, then breaking down the endless parade of shipping boxes. Biggest accomplishment was getting to wife to use it instead of a steak knife. :D

View attachment 146042
View attachment 146043

This thing is dynamite. It's not for heavy demo work, but for a box cutter/light cutting, I've had one in constant use for ~8 years.

RobW

View attachment 146042
View attachment 146043
Best folding utility knife ever-had a husky blade but the bearing fell apart. Bought a new Milwaukee but not this model- Xmas is coming though!! I have a leatherman multi tool but heavy for on the hip. Looking into a new knife aside from my Milwaukee. I used to carry a case pen knife for years, it was my bird and trout knife. The bone side fell off and it wasn’t comfortable in my pocket any more so away in the tool box it went.

Reactions: w_b

Karate Monkey

What am I cutting?

If you're buying scissors, go to Jo-anns or Fabric Land. Seriously. Regular scissors are trash compared to stuff meant to cut fabric (not that you should use them for such after cutting paper/cardboard--the clay binders that give the paper strength also dull the cutting blade). That said, my good shears (9" Heritage, straight with dipped handles) never touch paper products. After 3 years of use, they're every bit as sharp as the day I got them.

Fiskars for paper. They make a 'kitchen' model that is nothing short of excellent. I have an older one with black handles/longer blade/shorter serrations:

resource_fiskarsemea_1000819.ashx

Top Bottom