What's your favorite knife (EDC)?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My grandfather gave me one of these when I was very little and I carried it every single day (not to school of course) till I was like 26 or so. I thought I lost it at one point and had a total meltdown; had my wife searching every crevice with me. I still have it. Might throw it on the key ring now just out of nastalgia. Prolly not gonna use the tooth pick anymore lol.
If I recall they'll sell you a new one. The receptacle might be a little gank tho.

thegock

Leatherman Skeletool. Here's my EDC

HdX09S8.jpeg

I have a mini version of this LM in my toolroll in my Osprey. Once a year, I find a use for it and happy I carried it the other 225 rides.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
This is what I usually have
1608676833354.png

When riding I have a Leatherman that's basically pliers and a knife, who needs the rest of the stuff on one of those.
1608677186148.png

When I worked in a warehouse this was always on me
1608677502796.png

I don't believe that EDC should be cherished, they're beaters to be lost or broken. With that said I bought my son a knife a buck knife with the manufactured date of his year of his birth, will do the same the next. I'll give them their knifes when they can open a jar I can't.

TimBay

There are seriously too many quality options. I really dig that deejo, except it's 2 hand open. Right now I'm kinda between the Civivi Elementum, Spiderco Tenacious, kershaw fraction, so many choices...

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I have so many buck knives. Many of them hand me downs that I cherish.

this thread is making me realize how many knives I own and each has a backstory. Good stuff. Sad they are mostly all still on South Carolina.

I have nothing of family history, my wife gave me two swiss army knifes one before we started dating. I fucked it up but now I realize I made it something worth handing down. I'll snap a pick later and you'll see what I mean

JDurk

Been looking at the Benchmade Mini Bugout, haven't pulled the trigger yet. I already have a bunch of cheap knives around in the locations where I would need to use one.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is what I usually have
View attachment 145966

When riding I have a Leatherman that's basically pliers and a knife, who needs the rest of the stuff on one of those.
View attachment 145969

When I worked in a warehouse this was always on me
View attachment 145970

I don't believe that EDC should be cherished, they're beaters to be lost or broken. With that said I bought my son a knife a buck knife with the manufactured date of his year of his birth, will do the same the next. I'll give them their knifes when they can open a jar I can't.
I am in the same camp as @The Landfill of Slacktown on this...I have a couple of Gerber flips that i carry all of the time(except in the hospital) and use all of the time, not that dissimilar from his picture, although mine have a more textured handle/grip but similar in style...like every day...completely utilitarian. I also have a couple that family members made for me from Japanese steel folded over like a Samurai sword that I will never use, in custom sheathes made yada yada yada...knives that are fixed blade and full tang with custom grip/handle etc that Ive had for decades

TimBay

Pulled the trigger on a SOG Terminus XR. D2 steel. Their xr lock is basically an axis lock (benchmade). Uses bearings instead of bushings and gets some great reviews. After looking at the benchmarks and spyderco para, I was kind of after that easy close feature. This one hits the mark at considerably less loot. Dont love the color but the only black one is in the s35vr steel at almost 90 doll hairs and I feel like I could live with the olive drab at 55.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Pulled the trigger on a SOG Terminus XR. D2 steel. Their xr lock is basically an axis lock (benchmade). Uses bearings instead of bushings and gets some great reviews. After looking at the benchmarks and spyderco para, I was kind of after that easy close feature. This one hits the mark at considerably less loot. Dont love the color but the only black one is in the s35vr steel at almost 90 doll hairs and I feel like I could live with the olive drab at 55.

Too fast. Thought this would drag out through the winter.

Top Bottom