What's your favorite knife (EDC)?

TimBay

In the mood to buy a Jersey-legal EDC. What's your favorite? Looking to spend around 50-100. I'm sure there's some knife guys on here.

rick81721

Lothar
What's an EDC?? Last knife I had was in boyscouts. But I do carry a Leatherman multi-tool knife on fishing trips.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is no legal knife in NJ. If the state police deem it a weapon, it could be a nail file and be a weapon. Law is deliberately vague. That said, butterfly and switchblades ARE illegal.
If you are looking for something nice, check out Benchmade. I have a Mini-Griptilian but really wanted the Tanto point.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is what i carry, tanto point

TimBay

There is no legal knife in NJ. If the state police deem it a weapon, it could be a nail file and be a weapon. Law is deliberately vague. That said, butterfly and switchblades ARE illegal.
If you are looking for something nice, check out Benchmade. I have a Mini-Griptilian but really wanted the Tanto point.
Yeah. Can't do auto or butterfly. I don't think assisted are legal either. And yes, the law states you have to have a reason to carry. Mine would be emergency package opening

Cassinonorth

Leatherman Skeletool. Here's my EDC

HdX09S8.jpeg

Fire Lord Jim

Gerber. Not my favorite, but my go to knife. Tanto tip, serrated edge, and so light and unnoticeable that it has made many trips through the washing machine.

Attachments

• PXL_20201222_172613220.jpg
    PXL_20201222_172613220.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11

ekuhn

This is my goto, Smith & Wesson Swat. 3" blade length, 7 1/4" overall. Ive had it for almost 20 years. I liked the knife so much, actually own two of them.

IMG_3296.jpeg

Have a nice CRKT M16 that's a little smaller that I take on vacation and nicer outings.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Funny this is what’s in my pocket 95% of the time. The OP asked about a nice EDC and I love my benchmade but can’t beat the old Swiss army. Unless you gotta stab a fool. 😜

View attachment 145931
My grandfather gave me one of these when I was very little and I carried it every single day (not to school of course) till I was like 26 or so. I thought I lost it at one point and had a total meltdown; had my wife searching every crevice with me. I still have it. Might throw it on the key ring now just out of nastalgia. Prolly not gonna use the tooth pick anymore lol.

Top Bottom