What's your bike weigh?

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I happened to be working on my Fezzari Delano so I decided to weigh it and it is lighter than I thought at 31.54 lbs.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
RDO around 24
Hightower is slightly under 30
No idea on the Marley or Axum but would roughly guess around 30
My memory is shot
Hightower is 31lbs 9oz
Was bored and weighed the Marley and the Axum
Marley is 29lbs 5oz
Axum is 29lbs 11oz

These are all riding weight with pedals bottle cage and garmin mount

serviceguy

I am in shock!

I weighted some bikes...

Fugitive 37lbs, OK, it has a Fox 38, tool pack etc.
Honzo ST 31 lbs WTF!!!
El Mar geared 29 lbs
El Mar SS 24lbs

xc62701

Specialized epic I just picked up was 25.4 lbs with cages, a tool, and pedals on it. Now I'll take the next few weeks to put it on a diet and see if I can get it closer to 22 lbs.

Ejd

I bought a new Park bike scale. it was over due. I weight my Santa Cruz yesterday. The amount would change every time you moved the bike. somewhere between 28 & 38 pounds. I'm going to take it back

rick81721

Lothar
I bought a new Park bike scale. it was over due. I weight my Santa Cruz yesterday. The amount would change every time you moved the bike. somewhere between 28 & 38 pounds. I'm going to take it back

Variations in gravity

serviceguy

45e9611843dd4f549f199a7cf2ba2701.jpg

scott62

Most scales that you hang things on are just springs with a sensor that reads how much the spring has been compressed by the weight. If you are getting different readings, you may be putting side loads on the scale and causing the spring to bind.

My grandfather had a fishing buddy that had a little fish scale trick that made your fish look small and his look large. When you caught a bass, he would carefully hook the fish to the scale and make sure the scale was free and hanging free so it would not bind and you had a 3 pound fish. If he caught fish, he would attach the fish to the scale and give the bass a little yank and side load the scale with a finger …. Boom! his 3 pound fish weighed 5 pounds.

You might want to hit the scale with some lube.

Citytrikeguy

My Blur is ~ 24 lbs
What is your build Rick? Mine is a C TR and it came in at 27lbs stock. Fox 34 step cast, full GX, SRAM Level TL brakes, 125mm reverb post, Raceface AR25 wheels with DT 370 hubs, and Recon Race 2.35 set up tubeless. I’m heavy and have been using more burly parts on it now which brings it to around 30-32 depending on which wheels and tires I use.

rick81721

Lothar
What is your build Rick? Mine is a C TR and it came in at 27lbs stock. Fox 34 step cast, full GX, SRAM Level TL brakes, 125mm reverb post, Raceface AR25 wheels with DT 370 hubs, and Recon Race 2.35 set up tubeless. I’m heavy and have been using more burly parts on it now which brings it to around 30-32 depending on which wheels and tires I use.

Mine is an X01 TR C CC with Carbon reserve wheels.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
2017 Hightower Carbon C in 29er config.
GX Eagle
Roval Aluminum wheels
2.6 Recons Front, 2.4 Ignitor Rear
Fox Transfer Dropper
Whiskey bars
30.5 lbs with pedals

My 2009 S-Works Tarmac SL2 is under 15 lbs.

Top Bottom