What's your bike weigh?

qclabrat

Gave up on being a weight weenie after building a 23lb full suspension bike 3 years ago then realizing XC bikes weren't my thing. I weighed two of my bikes today and found out they were heavier than expected. The Banshee Prime was 32# and Pivot Trail was 29#. Was expecting 2 pounds lighter for each but maybe that's the norm nowadays for meaty tires, droppers and dirt. Btw, my bikes are sized medium

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
RDO around 24
Hightower is slightly under 30
No idea on the Marley or Axum but would roughly guess around 30

02camaro

Do your bikes have carbon wheels?
Yes. All some variant of Chinese carbon wheels. All XT builds with hope brakes. Wasn't trying to cut corners with weight just have something that's reliable. The sb150 has a push so that's automatic 1lb penalty, and the dh setup is all cush core and dh casing.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring

I’m still hovering a shy over 31 lbs.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
My bikes' biggest weight problem is the thing sitting on them. I need to focus on loosing the weight around my gut first before worrying about the weight of my bikes. But if I had to guess I'm thinking one is in the high 20's, one is in the mid 30's, and one in the mid 40's. All 3 combined is less than half of my fat ass.

• Haha
Reactions: Ejd

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
34.9. I actually weighed it because it gets tiring going uphill for awhile compared to my less travel bike that was high 20s.

Extra weight is so worth it.

robcleary

'18 YT Jeffsy comes in around 31-32 last time I checked. And my On-One Rujo gravel bike is somewhere around 24 (all measured with me holding them on a bathroom scale, so not very exact).

Cassinonorth

Both size large with pedals and a few random accessories because I don't feel like removing them:

Rocky Mountain Element Carbon- 27.5 lbs

Ibis Ripmo V2 with a coil shock- 32.5 lbs

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Depending on what tires I am running, most my bikes ( Pivot 429 and siren ) are in the 24.5 - 26 lbs range. I have been leaning to bigger tires these days which adds some weight, but is worth it in comfort. With a 28" inseam, I have found a dropper post to not be worth it for me.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
My new Switchblade (160/142), without pedals, came in at 31.25 pounds.

XX1 build with Code brakes; Reynolds Black Label Enduro carbon wheels; DHF 2.5/DFR 2.3; Fox Factory suspension.

We didn’t weigh my prior bike (Trail 429 V2 w/Fox 36) but I‘m quite sure it wasn’t any lighter.

qclabrat

I’m still hovering a shy over 31 lbs.
Ahh, thanks I'm going to have to weigh my long travel Scott now

qclabrat

Depending on what tires I am running, most my bikes ( Pivot 429 and siren ) are in the 24.5 - 26 lbs range. I have been leaning to bigger tires these days which adds some weight, but is worth it in comfort. With a 28" inseam, I have found a dropper post to not be worth it for me.
I was only able to get a 429SL down to 23# without a dropper. Someone will figure out something lighter at some point

qclabrat

My bikes' biggest weight problem is the thing sitting on them. I need to focus on loosing the weight around my gut first before worrying about the weight of my bikes. But if I had to guess I'm thinking one is in the high 20's, one is in the mid 30's, and one in the mid 40's. All 3 combined is less than half of my fat ass.
I hear you, I've lost about half of the weight I gained over the last few years but need to also get some strength training in. Really didn't have a clue what bikes weigh now. Seems with the droppers, bigger forks and electronic shifting; bikes even with carbon won't be much under 30#. Was planning to swap some parts around to lighten the Pivot but 29# seems to not too far off the norm

Top Bottom