What's the best park in nj?

Best park(add your park in the comments and it will be added)

• Mooch

• Ringwood

• Wayway

• Wildcat

• Jungle

• 6 mile

• Creek

• Lewmo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Yellow is the best. Skylands and red are also amazing, as is red coming down from TOS. The race trail switchbacks, cat's nest/renegade, double s, six bridges, white, blue, green leaf, that crossover trail toward Sterling, all way better than Blueberry. There's also the governor trails and some other stuff that you're not supposed to ride.
Last time I rode six bridges it looked like it hadn’t been ridden in years.
Also- been way too long since I’ve ridden skylands.

TimBay

Same here, the few times I've ridden wayway have been epic.

After the pandemic come join us on the fri rides. We can alternate driving
There's a wayway Friday ride? I'm in. Sounds stellar. I need to get to mooch. I actually voted it because it's huge and supposedly well varied in types of trail.

TimBay

How many n95s will it take @mattybfat to go slow enough for me to follow in north
Push harder gears and you'll get faster

Edit: I'll elaborate from one OOS noob to another - there is a "right gear" for everyone and it's actually easier to push speed than sit in the big gear (depending on length). Give 3 hard kicks in a harder gear and try to maintain cadence. If it's too hard after like 10 more, drop gear and give 3 more hard kicks and repeat. After 2 weeks of trying this my speed is up and its actually easier riding than before, when I jumped down gears way too fast.

It seems there's a relevant relationship between speed and gearing that makes it just as hard to spin the easy gear at lower speed as it is to spin the harder gear at faster speed, except you get up faster with less spins at the harder gear, netting less work. 80% of people reading this will say "duh".

Last edited:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last time I rode six bridges it looked like it hadn’t been ridden in years.

Yeah, we rode it in the Fall and it seemed a bit unused. It was all rideable though, except for the one down tree in an awkward place. I guess there's just too much other awesome shit there now.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
There's a wayway Friday ride? I'm in. Sounds stellar. I need to get to mooch. I actually voted it because it's huge and supposedly well varied in types of trail.
Well it's the official fun fri rides; they normally ride north. Sometimes wayway, ringwood mooch. I try to make one a month, unless they ride closer.

Captain Brainstorm

Yeah, we rode it in the Fall and it seemed a bit unused. It was all rideable though, except for the one down tree in an awkward place. I guess there's just too much other awesome shit there now.

The climb out of 6 bridges is also a barrier, because it sucks. The entire loop is also kind of there in a corner, doesn’t really link up to or flow naturally into a bigger ride. Still a fun, OG trail though.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The climb out of 6 bridges is also a barrier, because it sucks.

Some people are weirdos and enjoy the challenge of a good soul suckling fire road climb.

The entire loop is also kind of there in a corner, doesn’t really link up to or flow naturally into a bigger ride.

The trail heading down to it is fun, and it's pretty easy to work it in on the way down red back to the school. Fair points though. There's also so much other awesome shit there now.

Captain Brainstorm

Some people are weirdos and enjoy the challenge of a good soul suckling fire road climb.

The trail heading down to it is fun, and it's pretty easy to work it in on the way down red back to the school. Fair points though. There's also so much other awesome shit there now.

That soul sucking climb wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so f'n loose. I usually work that loop in at the beginning of the ride. I rode it a few weeks ago and some of those 6 bridges are close to being reclaimed by nature. Its all a moot point now since it looks like I won't be riding Ringwood for a while, which sucks because its my go-to place for the last 20yrs, despite the fact that Wildcat is only 15min. away. I've been exploring Wildcat, but I assume the Bat Cave lot is closed also.

Top Bottom