Whats more fun to ride? 27 side or Canal side?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I'm about to leave work in 30 minutes and head to the trails, just debating on which side you prefer. I've only ridden the 27 side but would love to find some new runs. Let me know ASAP! ;)

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
not really, i got pretty far last time, i could hear the cars on middlebush, but we ran into a friendly rider and rode back with him. plus it was getting late.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i just got back. made it from 27 to middlebush and back in about an hour. i was planning on going past middlebush if i could, but once i got to the road i didn't see a clear path so i headed back into the woods to 27. i ran into another rider who said the trail is just beyond the driveway across the trail. maybe next time ;)

also:
1) does anyone know the estimated mileage from 27 - middlebush? a buddy of mine tracked 5 miles from the concrete bridge and back, im guessing it isnt more than another half a mile from the bridge in that dudes backyard to south middlebush.
2) what kind of features are on the other side of the road? i enjoyed that last bridge made out of natural wood, just curious if it continues onto the other side ;)

Last edited:
D

DANSPANK

About a mile past Middlebush is a river crossing, typically about 6-8" deep and then you've got some nice wooded, flowing trails to rattle along. You'll eventually reach the cornfield that's been mentioned a lot here. I think that side of Middlebush is marked with a blue trail and a yellow trail that are quite fun.

Then there are some secret massive log rollers that you have to find...

ArmyOfNone

when you cross middlebush you will see singletrack running up to the right. That will take you up to a split. Stay left and there is some fun rolling singletrack that will take you out to canal road. Go right and you will cross the stream which is not that deep at the moment (about 1 ft). Stay on the blue there and that will run you out to canal road. You will come back on the red. Just as if you would have stayed left at the fork from middlebush.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
By the descriptions given, it sounds like the 27-Middlebush side is more fun than the Middlebush-Canal Rd side.

jimmysnukastyle

Canal side is pretty much always muddy and less taken care of (overgrown a bit, bridges, etc.) The 27 side to South Middlebush is better in my opinion - faster, predictable, well-maintained and consistent.

jimmysnukastyle

No - I was there Thursday though - and he was too - and he almost took my head off on my last climb. Jimmy Snuka Style.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions