whats goin on this weekend??

PatrickBrown

anyone riding allaire or hartshorne this weekend??

I can do a saturday afternoon ride, around 430ish, or sunday morning.

Maurice

Bringing this back to the top for you.

I'm going down to MD for the Greenbrier Challenge. Way to kick off the racing season with an AMBC race.

Maurice

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Bringing this back to the top for you.

I'm going down to MD for the Greenbrier Challenge. Way to kick off the racing season with an AMBC race.

Maurice
Found out about this race too late to work it into my plans. This is a great event to start the season.

They used to run an AMBC on the DelMarVa, the Eastern Shore Championship, that was incredible fun as well. I did my first ever race as an Expert there; talk about a hell of a way to start something. That was a Team WORC event, Pat, btw.

Frank

Sasquatch
anyone riding allaire or hartshorne this weekend??

I can do a saturday afternoon ride, around 430ish, or sunday morning.

I'm thinking Hartshorne on sunday...late morning, if interested let me know.
I wanna try the S/S 29er out there :hmmm:. Don't know if I'm ready for that yet.

PatrickBrown

Found out about this race too late to work it into my plans. This is a great event to start the season.

They used to run an AMBC on the DelMarVa, the Eastern Shore Championship, that was incredible fun as well. I did my first ever race as an Expert there; talk about a hell of a way to start something. That was a Team WORC event, Pat, btw.

wow I didnt even know AMBC series was still in existence. (spelling)

the last Team WORC event I did was KVSP I believe it was back in 99-2000

I remember doing the fuller nissan AMBC in MD that same year.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Chris Etough (sp?) is a machine. I am most impressed that he does so well in shorter distances as well as long.

That is a killer field of pros..

Nice to see team 29er taking last place.

I heard it was a killer course with many a hard climb.

Congrats to all of NJ's finest.

J-

PatrickBrown

Chris Etough (sp?) is a machine. I am most impressed that he does so well in shorter distances as well as long.

That is a killer field of pros..

Nice to see team 29er taking last place.

I heard it was a killer course with many a hard climb.

Congrats to all of NJ's finest.

J-

I was lucky enough to race against chris eatough back in the 90s at a race in PA when the semi pros got lumped in with experts. needless to say he killed us all lol

Maurice

Wow, thanks guys. I didn't realize the high-profile either, it's even featured on CyclingNews.

This was a tough course, harder than I thought. I actually crossed the line on a flat tire, I believe I pinch-flatted in the last descent. A very fast, rocky/rooty/muddy descent. It was balls-to-the-wall there, to the delight of the spectators.
Another spot was the rock-garden. I didn't pre-ride (had to drive 3 1/2 hours to get there...) so it took me a bit by surprise. That and the descent, almost Mount-Snow worthy. The rock garden was close to the start, a touch downhill, and everybody was fighting for position in the big climb; needless to say not much time to think about a clean line.

I was not disappointed with my bike, I must say the Yeti is an awesome weapon for these kinds of races: light, responsive and very accurate.

There was a creek crossing with a dip going into it. I felt it would be a waste of time to roll it so each lap I just launched and landed into 3-4" of water. One lap someone was right on the other side, I hope he had a change of clothes :D

A very fun event, well worth the drive.

Maurice

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good stuff Maurice. Funny that you mention about the flat - Todd Wells (the winner) and Jeremiah Bishop both finished with flats as well. It apparently cost Bishop second place.

Top Bottom